Polaris Scrambler?

Started by BlackBeast, December 26, 2004, 09:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackBeast

Has anyone had experience with the Polaris Scrambler 400 4x4? I'm starting to think I need 4wd to get around on some of the trails out here, and was wondering how they are in terms of handling, power, and reliability.  ???

Not sure if I like the idea of an automatic, but I guess I don't have a choice. Anyone have inputs on how thier transmission feels, and how much abuse it can take?  ;D

Also, if anyone has one they're looking to get rid of let me know.  :)

-BB
2003 Yamaha Wolverine
White Brother's E-Series Exhaust
Jetted Carb
Beadlock rims with 26" Gator Tires

**************************************

2000 Yamaha Banshee
CPI in-frame drag pipes
Ported / Jetted
ITP Racing Wheels
Cool Head w/ Domes
Advance Timing Plate

yunt2ride

Hello Blackbeast, Hope you had a good christmas. I beleive the 400 is a two stroke. Buy something 4 stroke and with an independent suspension. Don't worry about the automatic they are good. Look at the artic cat very closely. they have tthe longest wheel travel and are good machines. Polaris has the worst customer service also. They tell you that the belt has a lifetime warranty but they will only replace it one time also.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

BlackBeast

Thanks for the advice, Yunt. I miss those Jasper rides.... One of these days I'll make it back to Florida for a run with you guys....  ;D

-Tim

2003 Yamaha Wolverine
White Brother's E-Series Exhaust
Jetted Carb
Beadlock rims with 26" Gator Tires

**************************************

2000 Yamaha Banshee
CPI in-frame drag pipes
Ported / Jetted
ITP Racing Wheels
Cool Head w/ Domes
Advance Timing Plate

Scrambler_X

I have a 400X 4X4 2 stroke. never any problems and ive riden that bike hard. Its a little heavy but the 4x4 with a 2 stroke has been great. Spends alot of time out at bad luck.

Thrasher

the new ones are 4 stroke 500H.O. motors, few folks on here have em who i talked to say they love em.
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Scramdaddy

love em ;D. got 2 four strokes
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

BlackBeast

Sounds like a Polaris might be the way to go... It's just so hard to say goodbye to the 'Shee....  :'(
2003 Yamaha Wolverine
White Brother's E-Series Exhaust
Jetted Carb
Beadlock rims with 26" Gator Tires

**************************************

2000 Yamaha Banshee
CPI in-frame drag pipes
Ported / Jetted
ITP Racing Wheels
Cool Head w/ Domes
Advance Timing Plate

predator500

i have a polaris scrambler 500 4x4 2004 they are real good am selling it if anything

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com