Underhill's Saturday, Aug 27th

Started by SwampRat, August 18, 2005, 08:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawGIRL

Quote from: PureLogic on August 20, 2005, 10:41:11 PM
Clarification for MrsPureLogics post. I wired up the Electric brakes and purchased a hitch to accommodate the 2 5/16 ball.We then went to Riva to purchase the CDI Ignition box for the Bruin front brakes for the Kodiak and radiator cooling fan for the Kodiak too. Went to research A/C for the rolling Taj Mahal. I am so close to getting this thing I can taste. All I have to do is find it and I am done. I kind of don't want to ride until I get it. Well maybe not


Let me know before you buy the A/C ;)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

450R_Matt

I like the Underhill's area to ride but I have one concern.

Has anyone else had alot of surface rusting on there quads after riding out their? I did!!  :ThumbsDown.gif Almost like its been in salt water.  Maybe their is something in the mud out their ?
Some sort of cemmical or fertilizer. 

Never had it like that at Mud Fest or MSG.  Just Badluck and i know its salty their.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

PureLogic

Quote from: MrsPureLogic on August 22, 2005, 10:55:48 AM
Brett take 595 east to the Turnpike (or I-95) North - go to 714 (Martin County Highway)....which is approx. 2 hours north......head west on 714......approx. 30 minutes it will be on the right.  You'll see red, white & blue bamboo poles out front.  $10 to get it.  $20 if you going to chase the cows  :-\  ;D

It is exit/mile marker # 133 off of the turnpike. And please. Please don't chase his cows. He just got this heard and they are dropping calves left and right last time we were there. Allot of new born's. Which reminds me be careful when you go off the main trails as for some calves may still be in hiding. And there instinct is not to move until the very last second.
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

nATiVcracker

surface rusting ? no problems here . where is your bike (excuse me ) quad , rusting . i usually clean ours off the next day with either simple green or the purple stuff and it helps to apply wd-40 . mud comes off easier next time . and yeah i went out there once with a sport quad , wasnt much fun , very bumpy and rutted .
06 Brute Force 750 camo 29.5 outlaws
05 YFZ 450 Hipers,elkas, houser arms
05 King Quad 700 27" ITP 589's
04 Ford F250 CrewCab FX4 ,8" lift, 38" Super Swampers

450R_Matt

Quote from: nATiVcracker on August 22, 2005, 08:24:19 PM
surface rusting ? no problems here . where is your bike (excuse me ) quad , rusting . i usually clean ours off the next day with either simple green or the purple stuff and it helps to apply wd-40 . mud comes off easier next time . and yeah i went out there once with a sport quad , wasnt much fun , very bumpy and rutted .

Most of the areas wheir the paint has worn off on the undercarrage and the foot pegs had surface rust. Like the break rotors on you car look after 3 or 4 days of siting still.  I know its bare metal but I got home from riding their around midnight and got up the next day to clean it off and thats what I saw.  Its never been like that before at other places (northport, msg, leigh high, felda, onf, mudfest, ect) I just thought the rust was excellerated (sp)  Infact the bikes havnt been cleaned from this weekend from msg and they still dont look like that.  I like the Underhill I just want to know if anyone else has had this happen to there quad.   ???
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Bleedsblue

Looks like my plans changed I'll be at Underhills on Saturday.

I haven't had a problem with rust on my KQ yet and have ridden out there a few times.

Bill
2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs

nATiVcracker

ok wait !! is bleedsblue and mustang 92 twin brothers or what .    :o :N  little confused .  :-\
06 Brute Force 750 camo 29.5 outlaws
05 YFZ 450 Hipers,elkas, houser arms
05 King Quad 700 27" ITP 589's
04 Ford F250 CrewCab FX4 ,8" lift, 38" Super Swampers

Bleedsblue

Same person just different handles on each board.

Bill
2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs

inked4life87

you can use tinfoil to take off rust,just ball it up and it takes it right off.then spray a little wd-40 or clear coat out of a spray paint can

brett711

obv we are getting hit with a hurricane thurs into friday, if we get hit, are people still planning to ride on saturday, depends on the weather conditions. forcast is for rain through sunday.
id like peep input, if not riding, IM WORKING... being an electrician, people need generators etc..

but i do wanna ride so if the plans are still on im going...
2007 honda rancher

nATiVcracker

HURRICANE PARTY AT THE PURELOGICS  ;) ;) ;) ;)


            check with them on details
06 Brute Force 750 camo 29.5 outlaws
05 YFZ 450 Hipers,elkas, houser arms
05 King Quad 700 27" ITP 589's
04 Ford F250 CrewCab FX4 ,8" lift, 38" Super Swampers

MrsPureLogic

Sent Mr. Underhill an email just now to see what the conditions are....sure would like to get out and ride tomorrow...been cooped up for 2 days.....will post his reply (if I get one).   ;)

brett711

im gonna have to sit this one out. im working OT..cant turn down the money. OT is not available all the time, so im taking the oppurtunity.

im def gonna miss riding with yall, especially meeting the cows, but im sure there will be more times to go there.
hope yall have a good time.

moo moo moo :'(
2007 honda rancher

MrsPureLogic

#38
Quote from: brett711 on August 26, 2005, 04:01:14 PM
im gonna have to sit this one out. im working OT..cant turn down the money. OT is not available all the time, so im taking the oppurtunity.

im def gonna miss riding with yall, especially meeting the cows, but im sure there will be more times to go there.
hope yall have a good time.

moo moo moo :'(
Make the $$ man....then you can buy those cows the "good beads."  :groupies.gif

Busta Nutt

Since Brett is not going I am not going.
My son has a football game in the afternoon.
I think I am going to start concentrating on finishing the inside of my garage.
Hope you all have fun.

MrsPureLogic

Here's the response from Underhill:

Response from Underhill:

Lisa It's almost like a AC the wind feels great 220mph not much sun. We got a good rain just before dark this evening. Been cloudy most all day. Some people were out today. I got new stickers now as about one. It's the HP one. I put plenty of fire Wood oft Thursday. Lisa I Aim use to always putting faces with names and usually pretty dam good at it. This last year has been a challenge to say the least. If You seem me please tell me you are the one that e-mail me.Aim sorrier but in time i will know most of you-all by at least first name though I may never match email with people. If only email were # I would have it luckey I remember all my next ell # that I us even once a mo. By the way my  Nex. is 158*17*10563 radio and 863-634-10-84 fel free to call and ask for conditions, the alert on the radio usually works better in reaching me
thanks Edward There is plenty of wood now.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com