QT in Orlando 8/24-27

Started by qt314nfla, August 09, 2005, 09:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qt314nfla

Hey, I have a Chiropractic convention in the Orlando area.  I'll be at the Gaylord Palms Hotel next Wednesday night through Saturday night (8/24-27).  So if anyone is interrested setting a night for us ATVers to get together let me know or set a day or evening yourselves.  The room is under my name and many of you have my personal numbers.  If you don't and you want to come over and hand out let me know.  It would be better if we can all get together on one particular night let me know.  I'm open to other suggestions.  My classes are during the day so evenings are free.  I'll be bringing my own and have a cooler up stairs so no worries about cost of thingytail hour.  Just be sure to byoa.  Any other Q's contact me.

svtbolt04

Now, you know im not old enough to drink.. You should have known.

I guess you want ATVers that are 21+

>:(
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

klutchbuster400

uh oh, some one delete this thred j/k * did u ceck out the hotel name lmao*

qt314nfla

Hey, if LMK can get a ride he can come over.  And you don't have to be old enough to drink to hang.  Just old enough if you want to drink.

SwampRat

Gaylord Palms is a great hotel.  You can spend hours walking through the huge atrium.  You'll be tempted to bring your ATV and run in the swamp but they won't like it much.  Checkout the sailboat for drinks in the Key West section.  There are two piano bars that are worth some time, also a great steak place (get the filet) in the swamp section.  They have some great pools there also (you'll need a snorkel).  Your only about 10 miles from Sea World riding if your looking for something to do on Saturday.

See ya at Mudfest.
06 F-250 4x4 PSD TowCommand
06 Weekend Warrior FS2300; Onan 4KW Genset
05 Suzuki King Quad; 27" 589's; 2.5 Warn Winch; Garmin Map76 GPS
[url="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg"]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: SwampRat on August 10, 2005, 07:40:48 AM
Gaylord Palms is a great hotel.  You can spend hours walking through the huge atrium.  You'll be tempted to bring your ATV and run in the swamp but they won't like it much.  Checkout the sailboat for drinks in the Key West section.  There are two piano bars that are worth some time, also a great steak place (get the filet) in the swamp section.  They have some great pools there also (you'll need a snorkel).  Your only about 10 miles from Sea World riding if your looking for something to do on Saturday.

See ya at Mudfest.

Agreed, I've been to several Mortgage conventions there and everything swamprat says is dead on. It's a great Hotel.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Grizzlygirl

Hey Qt can you say girls party, nice hotel, Plenty of doctors, got beads lol, Mastercard endless possibilities.
  Mama Grizz :-X

qt314nfla

Quote from: Mama Grizz on August 10, 2005, 10:49:28 AM
Hey Qt can you say girls party, nice hotel, Plenty of doctors, got beads lol, Mastercard endless possibilities.
  Mama Grizz :-X

That's too funny.  Never thought of it that way.  As long as it's not my mastercard on the line.  I've already dated another chiropractor.  I guess from the inside it wasn't as hot as it was cracked up to be.....no pun intended.

Swamprat, I'll be bmob.  I only have enough funds for the hotel.  And I got that at a travel agent rate or wouldn't be staying there for my convention.  I'm bringing my own cooler and have requested a fridge and microwave in the room so I can bring my own food.  Maybe next year I'll get to try the restaurants.  But have no doubt I will be singing along in the piano bar w/ my coctails.

SwampRat

QT - Check out the sailboat bar in Keywest for one drink (~$10) and ask if Walt still works there.  If he's there tell him your a friend of Keith's from Froggers.  Watch him though, he a silver-tounged dog (yea,yea, I know, typical man) but you'll drink for next to nothing if you flirt a little.

Post some pics when you return. 

P.S.  If you go to the piano bars during dueling pianos (I think 9 PM?) I'm sure you'll have all your drinks bought for you.  Hot women always do.

Have fun.
06 F-250 4x4 PSD TowCommand
06 Weekend Warrior FS2300; Onan 4KW Genset
05 Suzuki King Quad; 27" 589's; 2.5 Warn Winch; Garmin Map76 GPS
[url="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg"]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg[/url]

qt314nfla

well, i'll probably bring my own drink on the sailboat bar in keywest.  i'm not flirting for drinks.  sorry.  it's not my way.  and i can't remember the last time guys bought my drinks.  i don't let them cause there's always that guy we like to call 'drink man.'  he's the guy that because he bought you a drink thinks he gets to take you home.  i'll be in the piano bar i'll just be going up to my room for refresher drinks.  thanks for the thoughts though.  i'm going to have fun.  would be more fun if some of the crew from over there that i dont' see often came out to hang.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: QT314Nfla on August 10, 2005, 08:53:06 PM
well, i'll probably bring my own drink on the sailboat bar in keywest.  i'm not flirting for drinks.  sorry.  it's not my way.  and i can't remember the last time guys bought my drinks.  i don't let them cause there's always that guy we like to call 'drink man.'  he's the guy that because he bought you a drink thinks he gets to take you home.  i'll be in the piano bar i'll just be going up to my room for refresher drinks.  thanks for the thoughts though.  i'm going to have fun.  would be more fun if some of the crew from over there that i dont' see often came out to hang.

The only problem with going to your room to refresh the drinks is that if you're in the everglades section then it will take you a half hr to get to your room ,make a drink and get back to the bar. It's a pretty spread out hotel.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

SwampRat

Buy a flask to take with you and then order a Coke.  Mix your own under the table. ;D
06 F-250 4x4 PSD TowCommand
06 Weekend Warrior FS2300; Onan 4KW Genset
05 Suzuki King Quad; 27" 589's; 2.5 Warn Winch; Garmin Map76 GPS
[url="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg"]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg[/url]

rhinotime

hey QT, if you are bringing the ATV stay through Sunday and go to "seaworld" like swamprat says.  seaworld is a pretty good ridding spot with a lot of mud!  sundays are pretty packed out there with atv's all the way to REALLY big trucks.  it is about 5 - 10 minutes from Gaylord.  and by the way Gaylord is a great hotel, you will definately enjoy it!  the steak house that is in the atrium is excelent (can't remeber the name though).
2004 Yamaha Rhino
27" XTR's 14" ITP's
Pro Circuit exhaust
Dynojet
K&N filter
2" lift
Snorkled
"JUST MASH IT AND LET EM EAT"

qt314nfla

not bringing the quad.  i have to sit in classes all day then party all night.  i'd spend too much time worrying about it getting stolen.  besides, by sunday i'm going to be wiped out and have to drive home.


bigb

hmmmm, sure sounds fun. i have a chiropracter in the family i'll see if he is going.
accepting donations in the form of a quad.

Bigscrb15

Gaylord Palms is like 30minutes from my house. I would come up there, but I dont like you. 



j/k I might come up if I get a chance, Ill see when the time gets closer.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

lisa

  Hhmm, girls saturday night? Never rode SeaWorld....wanna mud in a jeep?
In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904

qt314nfla

Lisa the jeep mudding saturday sounds interresting.

qt314nfla

I've gotten a couple of PM's about this weekend.  Anyone else interested in coming over?

caospop

Quote from: QT314Nfla on August 21, 2005, 09:50:32 PM
Lisa the jeep mudding saturday sounds interresting.

Can I come muddung ? QT i may need a place to stay... hook me up...  :-*
2007 Polaris Sportsman

qt314nfla

Well, I'm not sure if we are mudding yet.  I have space available to stay any night other than wed.  Not sure if anyone else is crashing in my room as of yet.

devildog55

sound cool ill be there ;) oh wait u mean this weekend, sorry cant make. i dont think i have enough gas  ;D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." GEORGE ORWELL

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com