My oil comes out black.

Started by Njoutlaw88, August 16, 2005, 04:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Njoutlaw88

Hi,

I own a crf 230. When I change my oil it comes out black and not a murky brown like it should. Do you think my rings are shot? I change it every 5 times.

kodiak-jason

How many hours are on the machine?, and what kind of oil are you using? Jason
"I Can Fix It" 1998 kodiak lots of stuff,1995 king quad lots of stuff,2002 recon little bit of stuff,2001 breeze just tires,1985 atc 70 stock,1990 zuma modded,1995 yzf 600 pipe & power pack,2007 zzr600 carbs shimmed & slip on,2007 crf 150 stock

big-daddy

Black oil is caused by blow by from the rings.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Njoutlaw88

I use honda oil. Damn my rings are shot?

gery350

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

apkkfx400

All oil gets darker than the light tan/brown color when first put in.  If there is no smoke or noises from engine-I wouldn't worry too much about it.  My oil gets darker in my '05 kfx and same for any of my vehicles-it's always darker when used-the oil breaks down from the hot temperatures and that's why we have to change it!

Mark

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: jmpnkfx400 on August 17, 2005, 07:47:47 PM
All oil gets darker than the light tan/brown color when first put in.  If there is no smoke or noises from engine-I wouldn't worry too much about it.  My oil gets darker in my '05 kfx and same for any of my vehicles-it's always darker when used-the oil breaks down from the hot temperatures and that's why we have to change it!

Mark


Yea I think your right. Anyway Does going through water harm your bike.

Toomey

Only if it gets into the engine!  ;D
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: Toomey954 on August 18, 2005, 09:27:52 PM
Only if it gets into the engine!  ;D

True but I dont think it goes through the engine. The engines sealed except for the exhaust.

Toomey

Well, if you get the muffler under water and stall it, you'd better take a look into the motor some before hammering on the starter and all that.  And if the exaust valve is open when it stalls, it'll get into the cylinder all right.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Yamaha72

plus if the oil is a murky color when it comes out then you got water into your bottom end. darker oil is not bad but when it is murky that is definently not good...
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

jwscroll

If it's white your in trouble, if it's black and doesn't smoke change it more often. Water can get into the motor in more ways than one. It all depends on what brand you have.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Njoutlaw88

UPDATE******

The bike is fine. I tried riding it a little less hard and the oil came out fine.

400EX

if u think its too black then change it more often is the best advice i can give
2004 yfz 450: i'd have to kill ya if i told ya whats done to it.

2000 Honda 400EX: white brothers R-4 exhuast, ITP holeshot tires,DG nurf bars, AC font bumper, TAG handle bars, works shocks

rendecksblaster

its proballly you're battirie or sumothing :gr :K :box.gif :bow.gif :S
yamah 240ccc blaster, high modded. fast. with pipe


82 ford truck

i love you charlene

muddinguy1034


GSPKurt

Quote from: rendecksblaster on September 06, 2005, 10:21:53 PM
its proballly you're battirie or sumothing :gr :K :box.gif :bow.gif :S

Yeah, that or the rear shocks.  :Wacko.gif
What planet are you from?
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch