r/c cars and trucks

Started by Njoutlaw88, August 18, 2005, 01:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Njoutlaw88

I'm looking to buy an r/c car or truck. I want to get a nitro one. Do you suggest buying a car or truck. The car bodies look cooler but the trucks are higher up so you won't have to worry about botteming out. I am also looking for a place where I can buy muscle car bodies to put on r/c cars.

any help would be great!


OIF_Warrior

Hey Njoutlaw88, i'm pretty big into rc stuff. If you are only getting one I would suggest a monster truck so you can go anywhere. first of all, how much are you looking to spend?
A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: Juggalo_Warrior on August 18, 2005, 01:42:52 PM
Hey Njoutlaw88, i'm pretty big into rc stuff. If you are only getting one I would suggest a monster truck so you can go anywhere. first of all, how much are you looking to spend?

i'm thinking no more then like 120.00

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: Juggalo_Warrior on August 18, 2005, 01:42:52 PM
Hey Njoutlaw88, i'm pretty big into rc stuff. If you are only getting one I would suggest a monster truck so you can go anywhere. first of all, how much are you looking to spend?

I want a cool looking truck like a dodge ram daytona or rumble bee. Please help me find some

OIF_Warrior

Gas is probably out of the question as even a good deal on e-bay will run you over $200.  Try a Traxxas "Stampede" it is electric and 1/10 scale so its about 14 inches long. It is a 2 wheel drive monster truck. you can find them on e-bay also and the bodies you just buy seperately. Go to hpiracing.com and check out their body selections.
A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior

svtbolt04

You wont find anything for 120..Heck, a gallon of fuel is anywhere from 30-50bucks..

I suggest electric. Otherwise, buy a beat up one..
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Bigscrb15

Yea 120 is a good price for a replacement transmission. Not for the whole truck or car. I think we paid right at $600each or just over for our savage 25's with everything we needed
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

OIF_Warrior

Agreed, Do I have some fellow rc folks out there?
A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior

bigscrub79

Yes sir, i have a HPI Savage
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

OIF_Warrior

I've got a T-MAXX with the Picco P2 motor and a lot of aluminum and I also just recently purchased a JATO. It is a rocket.
A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior

Dr.Dirt

Is that what you guys do when your not riding?  I know its an expensive hobby, my friend was into those and they were always breaking down. He never had a truck one, he always had the cars. Do they make a nitro 4x4 truck?

big-daddy

I have a HPI Savage, who wants to race?

[attachment deleted by admin]
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

svtbolt04

I used to race. I have had my share of cars.

Mostly off-road vehicals.

My first car was a Tamaya Mini cooper, it was Front wheel drive, pretty neat. Second was a Team Associated B3, raced that for a while, it got old being only 3 people racing the buggys. My next was a Team Associated GT. That was fun, untill I blew the engine up. Next was a HIGHLY modded Team Associated T3. I had 2 of these. Very fun trucks. Even though they were electric, they would move.

I remeber one time, me and some friends threw in some modified motors in our electric cars, and mine being the only buggy(b3), I would say it was going a good 45-50mph. We were driving them in the middle of the street and it hit a man hole that was slightly sticking out of the pavement and flew a good 6 feet in the air for about 20 feet. It was a cool thing to see, and even cooler to see that it didnt break
anything.


Cool stuff. But not a cheap hobby.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Robert yfz

i have a traxxas revo and it's an expensive hobby but not as expensive as riding
limited edition yfz 450
450 kodiak

Bigscrb15

the initial cost is ALOT less than quads, but the maintence I would have to say is quite a bit higher for the amount of time ur using it
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

caospop

Yall need MUGENs.70mph+. Those things are really cool. I miss my days at orange bloosom hobbies here in Miami. Then you grow up and gotta get a real job. Go to TOWERHOBBIES.COM
2007 Polaris Sportsman

Moose

I've got a savage 25, it was about $600 to start, everything needed. Then, front and rear diff's, tranny, shocks, tools, parts, bodies, etc, etc, etc. It can get addicting and pricy. If you want to get into nitro, you better think about it.

If you are going to get one, I'd say the savage 46, it has what mine is going to have when I'm done, and a lot less money in the long run.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Njoutlaw88

were can u get muslce car bodies for these r/c cars?

OIF_Warrior

Go to hpiracing.com they make a hemi cuda body and I think a 69 challenger body but i'm not sure on that one.
A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior

Njoutlaw88

#20
HEY

I found this truck. What do you guys think of this? Would I be able to put a new body on it. I would like to put a new ram body on there.

Heres a video of it in action.
http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3R4LG6AU7CCF80X1HL9H0IT69D



[attachment deleted by admin]

Njoutlaw88


big-daddy

But what ever truck you what... I,m still going to give you a spanking with Nextel truck.  :o
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

bigscrub79

Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on August 19, 2005, 12:05:42 PM
Should I buy this truck????
Yeah go ahead and buy it, you can always upgrade and there are usually many bodies to go on it. The bodies are made so you can custom fit them. I have three bodies for mine, i have the one it came with, the grave digger body, and a peterbuilt body. I can also get a charger body for it and it is a 4X4 nitro truck so im sure you can find something for it
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Bigscrb15

this is a repost from the "hobbies" thread

Here are some pics of our savages.  the pics are from my nextel so excuse the quality

Mine(HPI Savage .25 PullStart, 7" UFO wheels with Psycho Tires, Aluminum Suspension, Blue Shocks, Tuned Pipe, Dual Disk Break upgrade. 4spider gear diff upgrade. high flow air filter. White 1500HD Crew Cab Body to match my real truck.)

Mine next to my brothers with stock tire/wheels and most of the same upgrades as me, just different color suspension.

close up of my brothers

Close up of mine

these things have 4wheel independent suspension and this tire is on top of a 12oz can with the other 3 tires touching the ground, talk about articulation!

another shot of can

love to mess with those little electric rc cars.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com