It is time to protest for gas H prices..

Started by americanhighlander, August 12, 2005, 08:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

americanhighlander

Dear, all members in atvflorida.com

>:(

We need to stop theses high prices on gas and the other day it was jumping up stock market and now it is 67$ for barrier for gas.gas prices in lake city walmarts it's up to 2.53$.

We need time for everybody get together and stop this fragring high prices if this keeps up we might have to walk to streets for 20miles out in rural areas.So I want people to go white house  and Tallahassee courthouse.We should have more oil rigs in gulf of Mexico and Have 99cents gas prices on sunday mornings all over in USA or in Fl.So bring your truck drivers.And print out thousands of flyers about the gas prices.I don't care if atvs or cars trucks or truck drivers and farm trackors or the whole horse clans to show up 10,000 or more than million should show up at the white house or at all state capitals court houses in each state.

So people do something about gas prices and don't let them jack up the gas prices more.This could hurt alot people going work or small companies.Gas prices are getting worst..

thanks,
amhighlander  ;D
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

SkyHighT100

If only it were that easy! We will be dealing with high gas prices no matter how many people in this country protest. As long as Big Business is in charge... the rest of us are screwed... that goes for everything, not just gas.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

dreth

the only way to stop it is to stop all the unnecessary driving! stop buying fuel for a week and they would change there toon! but are you willing to stop riding your quad or stop going to work? didnt think so! so this is a useless post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Southern4x4

soon well all be riding mopeds lol zoom zoom zoom
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

cain73

We are the victims of a fuel monopoly and economic terrorism. Iran has said that if we pressure them to stop enriching nuclear material they will dirve the price of oil through the roof  (as if it isn't there already). OPEC (oil producing and exporting countires) get together and decide how badly they want to rob us and we are unable to stop them as almost all of the world's oil come from them. The only way to relieve the pressure in the future is alternative fuel sources. If we are to do anything it should be demand the development of more fuel efficient engines, and the creation of vehicles that use something other than fossil fuels. But that would cripple the oil industry and many very rich American companies at the same time. Big business screwing us again. Good luck.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

svtbolt04

Dont feel bad.. In europe they pay 7+/- a LITER.  What if you had to pay that here? We really would be hurting. Say goodbye to V8's and hello to Hybrid-Electric's  ;D

I know gas isnt cheap, I filled up the other day and got my gas for 2.69. Payed about 38bucks and got only 13 gallons of gas.

I know most of you may think im too young to remeber, but I too remeber when gas was only .98cents. Wasnt too long ago. I filled up my 2000 bayou 220 for 3 dollars. At the time I was only 12. War is why the prices are so expensive. Just think, when they shoot off a tamahawk missle. They just lost, I think they said either 31million dollars or 3 million. Either way. We are going to be screwed for the time being.

Just deal with it.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Magnum330

I say we drill under them and take it out of the same place they are pumping it from.
Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.

96 warrior

fifty-first state ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
96 (and a 98) warrior

americanhighlander

;D

my best bet I have seen people in south ga  around valdosta area
and they take their barriers and fill them up and have 6months supply of it gas and store it in cool place such as garage or carport,shed  and you can get 55gallon drums  at  like  private gas mini plants and or at napa.

to get hand pumps  and  automatic 12v pumps
at tractor supply in lake city or at www.northerntool.com  you order free catalog by mail on web or by phone.I always love northern tool stuff  and they have neat stuff all time  :)

I might have to do this  soon  to get hand pumps and barriers and drums soon if the way gas going up I might have to do it. ;D


thanks,
amhighlander
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

Njoutlaw88

Its 2.80 here for preium. I cant take these prices. why cant "the man" stop the prices from going out of control?

TRX350_On_The_Rack

The sad thing is we are to blame for this. We let ourselves become dependant on oil and now we're paying for it. This affects us much more than we may realize. Everything we buy or do is connected to oil, so with higher gas prices we pay more for everything. Alternative fuels are too far behind right now. The only viable solution is to lower gas prices otherwise this could hurdle the economy into a premature depression.

It seems all we hear from the media is: "The cost of oil has hit record highs" with their copacetic voice. My personal favorite reason for higher fuel cost is: "Because the price gas is higher it cost more to transport."
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Gamer

#11
Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on August 14, 2005, 01:47:29 AM
Its 2.80 here for preium. I cant take these prices. why cant "the man" stop the prices from going out of control?

"The Man" can do something but has not for reasons unbenost to us all.  Pressure needs to be placed on the middle east and other countries that supply us and everyone else with oil.  When you start charging them $10 to export a pound of Tomatoes or a head of lettuce I think they will change there tune since it's kind of hard to grow this stuff in a desert.  There are alot of things that can be done to lower prices but why has it not happend or even been addressed?  >:(

Gamer

Quote from: TRX350_On_The_Rack on August 14, 2005, 01:53:39 PM
Alternative fuels are too far behind right now.

I recently saw something on Discovery or TLC about the new Hydrogen Fuel for cars.  It talked about how the Hydrogen molecules are so small that there having problems with leaks.  Not good...

Toomey

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Chuck_Norris

#14
Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on August 14, 2005, 01:47:29 AM
Its 2.80 here for preium. I cant take these prices. why cant "the man" stop the prices from going out of control?
what are you driving that requires premium fuel?  I am actually considering making a corn mash still. cant be that hard and make my own fuel, if they can race with it I can drive with it. 

gery350

you know the only problem with alternative fuel sources? the big oil companies buy and bury the concepts before anyone ever knows they exist.

believe me they exist and are economically feasable to mass produce, its just not feasable for the oil industry.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

americanhighlander

boy if gets 2.80 gallon  alot people be  bi*ching at county taxs.Oh I have heard rumors in live oak FL and they trying past tax thing on every chicken coops and barns  and other homes  and any sheds
they will be tax on land taxs  in suwwnee county  and this tue on aug 16 and they  are going be at high school in live oak in auditum and lots of angry >:( farmers  and land companyies and poor land people  and they going 10K of people or more showing up protest very bad.but I'm not going there, and somthing might happen very bad.Who knows.They might not past this tax thing.I think we should throw away all taxes not the state tax or county tax. ;D

I hope before winter I hope gas goes down.
So people we need try come up people protest this thing.
I  don't care if you went on cnn screaming if front of their face you can do it outside on the white house lawn.lol

;D This why we live in american people and one day we going get sick of this bull crap and they can come up all kinds of lies to talk about gas prices effects such as weather,other counties runing of oil or  out of money,or due wars.But you have know the beyond true and facts what they are.I understand why people try make you look bad on news about atvs  do this and do that and people need know what truth about atvs how they are.I always tell my mom and dad about atvs on news   and  they like lie to people and try shut  down peoples riding areas.One good thing I hope all atvs coop up with other people one day and somthing will come out good of it. :)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

svtbolt04

OK guys, If you think about it. Europe has been paying 7dollars US for a little while. They pay that for a LITER. They have done studys and know that we are dependent. If it gets to 7 dollars a gallon, you will still see people at the gas station, but not loving it.

If prices soar, let them. But yes, the import/exporting with goods should be stopped.. Like a boycott. I know we have texas with their oil reserves. Why dont we use them ? If we boycott their oil and stop exporting our goods, they would just go somewhere else. They are so rich, they dont even know what to do with their money.

Only time will tell.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

americanhighlander

:o

Take a look at this  i found this off yahoo news not very long ago.

Nationwide Gas Prices Set Another Record By GARY GENTILE, AP Business Writer
16 minutes ago



LOS ANGELES - Retail gas prices hit another record high over the past three weeks, mirroring a rapid increase in the cost of crude oil, according to a nationwide survey released Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

The average price for all three grades rose nearly 20 cents to $2.53 in the three weeks ending Aug. 12, said Trilby Lundberg, who publishes the semimonthly Lundberg Survey of 7,000 gas stations around the country. The figures were not adjusted for inflation.

In the same three-week period, crude oil price futures rose about $8.21. A barrel of oil produces about 42 gallons of gasoline, resulting in a price increase of 19.6 cents per gallon — nearly identical to the 19.8 cent rise in the price of gas at the pumps, Lundberg said.

There was scant good news for consumers in the latest report.

Demand for gas will remain high through August, but should drop after Labor Day. Prices should soften after that assuming underlying crude oil prices hold stable and refinery activity and shipments aren't interrupted by natural disasters, such as major hurricanes, Lundberg said.

Retail prices have risen an average of 70 cents since the beginning of the year and are up 62.7 cents from last August, Lundberg said.

Still, adjusted for inflation, prices have yet to climb to the record levels reached in the 1980s.

Gas prices in March 1981 would be $3.03 per gallon expressed in today's dollars, Lundberg said, while a barrel of oil would be about $90.

"I'm feeling it," said driver Adolfo Fernandez, a Los Angeles resident who was filling his BMW Sunday with premium unleaded at a cost of $2.97 per gallon. "I feel sorry for the people who really feel it and can't afford it."

According to the survey, self-serve regular averaged $2.50 a gallon nationwide. Midgrade was pegged at $2.59, with premium-grade was at $2.69.

Among the stations included in the survey, the highest price for unleaded regular was in San Diego at $2.76. The best deal was in Cheyenne, Wyo., at $2.31 a gallon.




labor day we should know if gas price changes? ???

My ? is would it go back  up after labor day weekend? ???

So people on forums here please feel free put new reports on high gas prices on this topic.And it gets good idea what are oil companies are doing put up high risks on jack up gas prices.Whats next coming out of  song  called jack it up on radio talking about high prices on gas.lol ;D
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

Gamer

I stopped listening to what the oil and gas companies have to say.  I don't believe a word of it.  They come up with any excuse to raise the price of gas.  It's time that our government did something about it.  I told everyone on here that it would hit $3.00 a gallon by the end of the year.  You all thought I was crazy.  We'll were almost there with 4 months to go.

americanhighlander

Quote from: Gamer on August 15, 2005, 12:00:06 PM
I stopped listening to what the oil and gas companies have to say.  I don't believe a word of it.  They come up with any excuse to raise the price of gas.  It's time that our government did something about it.  I told everyone on here that it would hit $3.00 a gallon by the end of the year.  You all thought I was crazy.  We'll were almost there with 4 months to go.


It is almost near that 3.00$ ::) point soon.don't be surprize people be on news soon it will be that way.
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

hoglaw

At the end of WWII (1945) gas rationing ended and gas was available at .21 a gallon.  Adjusted for inflation that equals 2.21 today. Gas is more heavily taxed today, so that makes it about even.
hoglaw

Gamer

Quote from: hoglaw on August 16, 2005, 09:12:50 AM
At the end of WWII (1945) gas rationing ended and gas was available at .21 a gallon.  Adjusted for inflation that equals 2.21 today. Gas is more heavily taxed today, so that makes it about even.

That's just another excuse for the oil and gas companies.  Do you work for them?  The fact of the matter is that gas prices should increase slowly like everything else in the world does with inflation.  Not a huge increase in less than a year that nobody is prepared for.

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Gamer, don't you know oil is competing with real estate :)

I just watch this guy on the News in California who added extra batteries to a Toyota Prius to get about 100MPG. He says he hopes fuel prices contnue to rise. He's an idiot. Does he not realize he's paying for electricity to charge his car everyday.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

kawGIRL

I paid 2.64 for reg and Jeff paid 2.54 for diesel last night  >:(

I have posted about this before, there is plenty of Oil and LNG in our Country! (Gulf of Mexico) It is all politics!  It's Just something for the UN to do...LOL

75% of our clients at the company I work for are all the major Oil & Gas Companies, and yes we go all over the world to research and search for oil and LNG because we are paid to go  >:(  There is allot of oil in Africa but the tormole of the country is terrible, we also do allot of work in South America and Trinidad and Alaska......I just don't understand?  The President of my company is in Libya right now getting us work  >:( :'(

On the other hand.....across from our property in North Carolina there is a organic farm that is making Biodiesel out of vegetable oil, interesting......it can only be sold as off-road diesel but hey it's a start ;D

http://www.dancingrabbit.org/biodiesel/

Please don't bash me (again) for working with O&G Companies, we also replace damaged corals when sailboats, freighter's etc. run aground and we do surveys on the fish kill around those "Oil Rigs"  :'(
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com