Dirt Wheels January 2005 issue....

Started by GaryinSeffner, December 19, 2004, 11:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryinSeffner

Hey guys  (and girls!!) I was just wondering if any of you had picked up the newest issue of Dirt Wheels magazine? The reason I ask is because of the Grizzly in the "letters" section that has 8 outlaws tires mounted on it (dually style). Not sure how well it actually digs in the mud but it sure does look like a beast....I was impressed. Check it out....

[url="http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg"]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg[/url]

o4250


Toomey

Yeah I saw it.  I don't think a griz has enough power to turn 8 huge tires.  That's too much weight and mud to power through.  I think it's just for show.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

bbf


Kawa

that thing looks sick.......good ground clearence though ;D

jbbj220

ATV Sport has a small story about the 4X4 and it has a bored and strocked motor in it among other things. It came in 2ed in a big mud bogg.
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

Kris_Moore

#6
The guy that owns it had it at the high lifter mud nationals last year, and did pretty good. He has like $25,000 invested in it, and could have won by haveing a $0.05 wire connecter. He got to the end of the mud hole and caught a rut, and figured no big deal right, so he tried to back up and couldn't turn the tires over. If he would have bypassed the reverse rev limiter he could have won.

Btw: he only competes with 4 outlaws on it, the other four are just for show...

did yall catch the mis-print in dw? It says he's running 8 mudzilla's.
94 polaris sportsman 400 4x4: 27" gators, snorkeled, wiseco hi comp. piston, 2" lift, and lots more...
98 grizz 600: 26" bear claws and 2000# winch
04 blue sportsman 700: stock
94 polaris 300 4x4: 25" 489 at's and 1700# winch

Thrumud

GaryinSeffner

Go to this site and you will see that Grizz on video

http://www.fishersatvworld.com/
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

PredaGator

Not to mention the Predator vs. Raptor article was quite interesting.
2005 Polaris Predator

customrubicon

I also like the shootout with the Brute Force..The King Quad...and The Sportsman. The King Quad came out the winner !!! I was impressed.(pg 78-83)

I also saw the article about the New Hampshire ATV Club with a two page spread of 100 riders. Hope with 200 riders at Rodman they do the same.(pg 112 & 113)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

m0n5teR

i enjoyed the pred raptor shooyout as well.
Take me Drunk,I'm home!!!!!!

LakeMaryKid

grrrrr my mom wants to get me an atv mag for a stocking stuffer but cant find any!  :o >:(
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com