Reasons to post contact info.

Started by qt314nfla, August 07, 2005, 08:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qt314nfla

If you want to know a good reason to post your phone number see the pics from the Eureka ride.  I had a difficult time reaching GSPKurt to let him know what happened to Donna's quad. 

Out of safety please post some contact info.  Even if we are out of range we can always drive somewhere to get service. 

susieblazer


  Lauren ,
           Are we going to post them on a thread that is just for our #'s or put them on our profiles???
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

qt314nfla

would probably be better to post them in a thread.  there's already one started called nextel radio rescue numbers.  even if you're not on nextel posting a phone number would be good.  then all contact info can be found in one place.

big-daddy

QT, I was going to update the list. I wait a week before I do.  ;) 
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

jbbj220

How about a place in the profile to put contact info. A place for phone number chell or home or both. That way if you know the persons screenname it would be easy to find their contact info. If in a thread then there is no rime or reason to the posting. But then this is something that the mids would have to set up. Just my 2 cents.

   Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

qt314nfla

might be good to do both.  i have a list that i printed that i carry w/ me on all rides in case something happens.  i got the list from the nextel numbers thread.

Mrs.Nightbreed

Quote from: QT314Nfla on August 07, 2005, 08:31:19 PM
might be good to do both.  i have a list that i printed that i carry w/ me on all rides in case something happens.  i got the list from the nextel numbers thread.

For the hurricanes last year I printed that whole Nextel thread out incase we lost power and needed it. You can't ever be too safe.

I would just worry about people using the numbers for the wrong things...Like theives or cons or something crazy in this world

Grizzlygirl

Maybe a good Idea would be the person compiling the list for a big ride could be pm 'ed  with peoples contact phone # and a photo copy for each group on the ride
  Mama Grizz

qt314nfla

I hadn't even thought about the possibility of someone abusing the list.  Good thoughts from all of you.  All I know is we need to do something.

jbbj220

Can just anyone get to the profile or only members? If only members can get to profile then that might be the way to go.

   Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

05greengriz

I just posted my numbers, hopefully they may be able to help one day  :)
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com