smoked the stator on a breeze

Started by budman, August 05, 2005, 12:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

budman

the mudbug's bike, 2001 yomama 125 breeze, smoked the stator, and the  pickup melted. The tech says this bike over heated, but we never clogged the fins with mud, never left it idling long, and never ran it balls - out for any length of time ...any one had this problem?
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

J.D.

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

budman

I took it to Riva yamaha, cuz I couldn't figure it out. It idled, but if you throttled up, it died. cleaned the carb like 4 times, changed the gas, changed the plug, and gave up. Riva took the cover off and found the damage...3 magnets in the stator were chipped and several pieces of the magnets were laying inside the cover.
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

budman

plus the oil looked like it may have overheated...I had like 3 - 5 hours on the oil
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

big-daddy

Budman there a screen in the the case that may be clogged. The engine is air / oil cooled. I have alot of old parts if you need.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

budman

Riva should be done with it by wed-thurs... replacing the whole stator assembly and the pickup. Where is this screen? We clean the bike good and the fins are never that clogged that it would not cool. But I could be wrong, and they could have been clogged, and then unclogged after a good deep puddle. I guess I will have to pay more attention to that cuz you can't keep him out of the mud.
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

big-daddy

behind the oil drain plug #6

[attachment deleted by admin]
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

budman

yeah, I clean that every oil change.....
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)