1/8th Mile Asphalt Lakeland

Started by Smoknbanshee, August 03, 2005, 01:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoknbanshee

What do you say we try the asphalt out for fun.  I am trying to find out if the 4th saturday would be good for me.  I will get in touch with lakeland this week probably, but i think they start around 6 pm.  i think we got a few people wanting to roll out there....
me, ware, watson boyz, 400ex, i know for sure....
cut, dynodon, tribals, etc, you guys wanna join in?  I will trying to find out a date by the weekend...
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Chillinthemost

That would be fun, we used to do the truck tug o war there. I dont think my 450 would be very impressive at that distance, but I have learned by watching Smoke that losing isnt so bad ;D.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

dynodon

Hey, why not ? we are alway`s up to try something new!!the ds650 might do alright in a longer run ;D
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Quad32x

Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 03, 2005, 02:31:18 AM
That would be fun, we used to do the truck tug o war there. I dont think my 450 would be very impressive at that distance, but I have learned by watching Smoke that losing isnt so bad ;D.
Hee Hee !! ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

tribal_shee

'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
'94 warrior completely redone
'04 Grizzly w/ 29.5" outlaw tires,lift,snorkels,clutch kit,exhaust& jet kit
'04 450 Kodiak w/28" outlaw tires

Hoosier Daddy

what do they require for saftey? jackets etc..?
what about rear tires? i have some flattrack tires but im not sure they are very balanced.....
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Smoknbanshee

you sorry suckers wanna come get some....chillin, there is NOTHING in your trailer that will beat me in 300 ft, or 1/8th mile....bring that slow yellow donkey and lets play.....

ware - i will give an update on the safety equipment...i will probably have one set of american racers by then.  i would recommend atleast having the front tires balanced, and the rear tires ALSO.  I might have my stock tires too, just to blow some smoke.  I will get in touch with the race track probably this week.  Where are the beer drinking cheerleaders at?  quad, yamahonda, gasgasman, etc.  Actually those are the fat slug groind bone heads aren't they...... 

The skinny DLP has spoken.  (just for you frank)...

Hey, are we going to race the diesels too?  ware, smoke, cut, chillin?  can we say black cloud show down.....
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

flgirl

when will the race be in lakeland    has anyone decided yet

Smoknbanshee

most likely the 4th saturday of September....Smoke and the gang are going to lakeland to TAKE OVER....
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

ftrvet#76

Hate to hijack the post but you can put my old 2003 DURAMAX in with the truck racing , it has yet to be beat by another truck, you cant miss it white 4-door dually 4X4, says PLEDGER MOTORSPORTS across the front windshield, and for you FORD 6.0 diesel fans I have got one of those and hopped it up to the max, AND IT DOES NOT COME CLOSE TO BEATING MY CHEVY 8) 8) 8)

SOUTHEAST POWER SYSTEMS WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE POWER YOU WANT OUT OF YOUR DIESEL AND THEN SOME ;)
2006 ?, FTR  A-OPEN #76

cutngrs

TO BAD YOU DONT HAVE QUAD THAT RUS THAT GOOD ;D LOL JUST KIDDING
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Smoknbanshee

when we are all done, do you want to hook them up back to back?  i got some slicks for the old 7.3......

do you have a phone number to southeast power systems?  location?
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Chillinthemost

Easy smoke, dont snatch that isf crap front end out from under that chebby. Pavement is the only place that a chevy truck will do any good.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

ftrvet#76

My CHEVY is not set up for pullin, but as I said it is set up for some (black cloud out the neighborhood racing) from point A to point B,but there is ways to burn all that extra fuel, get rid of some of that black cloud, and leave some ford and dodge in the dust though!!!!!
and yes I got a quad that runs that good too, only it races through the woods for 2+hrs at a time!!!!!
SOUTHEAST POWER SYSTEMS 239-694-4197
all that power and better fuel mileage
2006 ?, FTR  A-OPEN #76

methyman

I 1/8 mile drag race at least 2-3 times a month at my local drag strip in Immokalee. I would not mind racing on the black top, its alot cleaner and you go was faster. ;D
Sponsorship
[url="http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/"]http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/[/url]

methyman

Sponsorship
[url="http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/"]http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/[/url]

Smoknbanshee

thanks methyman.....

haha, i love it, where ever smoke goes, $hit talking will follow....

you follow me down the track, i will follow through the woods for 2+hours...
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

ftrvet#76

I will be more than happy to follow you down the asphalt track on my HAYABUSA, then the fun will really start when we hit the woods track!!!!!
2006 ?, FTR  A-OPEN #76

cutngrs

if we go tough the wood you all will be following me  ;D
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

cutngrs

let me show you a real hayabusa

[attachment deleted by admin]
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Quad32x

It  takes  a  SLAB  of  a  man  to  keep  that  bike  down !! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

methyman

I asked about rules on the Lakeland forum heres what I got
I BELIEVE WE WOULD FOLLOW SAME REQUIREMENTS AS MOTORCYCLES....HELMETS, LEATHER JACKET, LONG PANTS, SHOES OR BOOTS AND GLOVES WOULD BE SMART......MAINLY THE SAFETY STUFF.

WE AHVE ALOT OF 4 WHEELERS UP HERE. ONE GUY CAME IN SATURDAY WITH 5 ON HIS TRAILER ALONE. WE ALSO HAVE A BANSHEE THAT WAS DOING 95 MPH IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY.

COME ON UP AND HAVE SOME FUN!

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND FRIDAY NIGHT. WE'RE OPEN TILL JUST ABOUT MIDNIGHT. I THINK ITS 8 BUCKS TO GET IN AND $5.00 TO RUN ALL NIGHT........

THANKS FOR WRITING.......LET THIS BE THE 4 WHEELER FORUM FOR COMMUNICATION.

THANKS THE MANAGER 
Sponsorship
[url="http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/"]http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/[/url]

Bigscrb15

i have heard and read alot of stuff about the spiveys place(lakeland strip) and last i heard the drag strip was HORRIBLE people wouldnt even race there cars out there for awhile, im not sure if its fixed or not. i only go in the mudhole and watch the strip never acutally been on it myself, i did see a nice banshee go straight up in the air and flip bout a year ago out there.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: ftrvet#76 on August 04, 2005, 12:26:54 AM
I will be more than happy to follow you down the asphalt track on my HAYABUSA, then the fun will really start when we hit the woods track!!!!!

Whoever said anything about a hayabusa???  so your saying you won't race me on the street, cause i am gonna smoke your woods bike, but yet you wanna race in the woods cause you can beat me?  Either let's play fair or not play at all...
SMOKE
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!