A Fisherman's Tale

Started by devildog55, August 03, 2005, 08:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devildog55

Two fellas are fishing in a boat under a bridge.

One looks up and sees a funeral procession starting across the bridge.

He stands up, takes off his cap, and bows his head.

The procession crosses the bridge and the man puts on his cap, picks up his rod and reel, and continues fishing.

The other guy says, "That was touching. I didn't know you had it in you."

The first guy responds, "Well, I guess it was the thing to do - after all, I was married to her for 40 years."

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." GEORGE ORWELL

Bigscrb15

My family and friends have always said that that's what I would do. My best friend was late to his wedding because he was out fishing that morning and forgot what time it was.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Southern4x4

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on August 03, 2005, 09:04:07 AM
My best friend was late to his wedding because he was out fishing that morning and forgot what time it was.
lol
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

MrsPureLogic


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com