found it on the net lets see if it starts somethin

Started by cain73, December 12, 2004, 09:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreth

your my hero for just typing a story that long. and if your a troop............THANKS ;)

cain73

I am not a troop or member of the armed forces, my back ground is in local law enforcement. However, I give every ounce of my respect to those men and women in uniform that are fighting, or have fought for this country and for democracy. God Bless them all.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

stretchy

Probrably going to ruffle some feathers...   I read the posting last night and wasn't going to post. BUT. I think that story is just a little slanted. First of all it was Bin laden that attacked us not Hussien. We tend to pick our battles to suit us. Bin laden is still out there, if anything we should have got him and then, only then, go after Hussien. Saddam was a brutal dictator, very brutal. BUT not even close to the brutallity of Pol Pot of the Kmer Rouge. Who killed millions. China has also had ethnic cleansing, don't forget about Africa they're killing each other w/ machetes. I'm not saying we shouldn't be there. They needed our help, I do object to the way this was done tho. It seems that Haliburton was just awarded another 2.6 BILLION dollar contract to put out the oil fires. What happened tothe bidding. You mean this company can provide all their food wash all their clothes AND put out the fires. What happened to the crews that put the fires out the last time(Mr Adair). Now don't go thinking I'm a commie liberal or nothin. I'm a republican, always have been. But it just seems to me that people tnd to forget what actually happened on 9/11 and I think that people also are trying to gloss over why we were in a big rush to get Saddam, it was supposed to be about WMD, even though none were found. It wasn't about human rights, we were lied to, to get us to go to war. I don't trust Bush Inc. anymore I've lost faith in our government not to be corrupt and self serving. It truly bothers me to think of all the men and women in Iraq under false pretenses, though they are doing a great job. Remember the ends DO NOT justify the means, and might doesn't make right. Sorry to rain on all the patriotic flag waving.

big-daddy

#28
they are lucky that I wasnt the one in charge of pressing the buttons. before I send one of our kids to fright there. I will warm the sand up a little with some US build Nukes. that whole place will look like a glass table went I am done. just my opinion.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

big-daddy

#29
I am glad and proud that I vote for BUSH. I vote for his Dad and his Brother too. One of the best gov Florida has. I bid you he as a ATV.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

cain73

Everyone has their own opinion and they are entitled to it, but.....  as far as WMD, they were in Iraq and are prob now in syria. We are still looking for Bin Laden as he was behind the 9/11 attacks. But he and other like him were aided by Iraq (sadam) and are you suggesting that we ignore 1 evil because we have not yet destroyed another? It appears we are able to do both at the same time. And anyone remember D-Day? How many thousands were lost in 1 day? I don't hear anyone crying about that. We have lost a lot of good men and women, but it is unfortunately a price we must pay to ensure our safety, and that of the iraqi civilians. Should we only fight when we can be sure of no loss of life? In that case any one that wants to fight can bring it to our door before we do anything about it. After the advent of subs, strategic bombers, and ICBM's, we can no longer just ignore the rest of the world as "it's their problem and doesn't concern us". We have to think about what  it would mean to allow people like sadam to control a country, kill hundreds of thousands of his own people (some through starvation while he builds multiple pallaces ... thanks to the UN and Kofi Annan) and all the while he helps in discrete ways the terrorists that want to destroy our whole country. Stretchy, I agree that there are other evils that need to be dealt with, but like you implied, we have to deal with some at a time not all at once. Right now we are dealing with sadam, his followers, Bin laden and his followers. And because of this the world is a better place. And if nothing else it gives a reason for those other evils to pause and think twice before helping terrorsits, or attacking the US. And I further disagree.....the ends (at times) do justify the means. Sadam should have been dealt with during the first gulf war and been removed then. This time we did not make that mistake. Thank God for a leader like Bush, our true allies (like Englans, not france, Germany, Russia), and most of all the heroic men and women of our armed forces that are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to ensure our safety as well as that of others.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

big-daddy

#31
cain73 you should run for presdent. I will vote for you!
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

cain73

Thanks Big Daddy but I'm no politician. I like to stay informed and have a simple way of dealing with things. If it's broke fix it.... if they harbor and help terrorists take them out of power !  I appreciate your support though. Besides my wife would kill me if I started searching for interns  :o.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

big-daddy

see ya at rodman ride, Monica is looking for a job.  ;D
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

cain73

[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

BEER

94 GMC 350SS,2003 Corolla(wifes),2001 Sears Lawntractor,4X8 Trailer,1989 17' Sunbird Bowrider W/120hp Johnson,2004 L-4 L-5 Lower Lumbar Laminectomy W/Instrumentation,Discectomy,Fusion W/Cage & Dual Transpendicular Screws & Rods.FEELS GREAT!!!(just add vicodin)But no quad for now,!!!!!!!

stretchy

QuoteEveryone has their own opinion and they are entitled to it, but.....  as far as WMD, they were in Iraq and are prob now in syria. We are still looking for Bin Laden as he was behind the 9/11 attacks. But he and other like him were aided by Iraq (sadam) and are you suggesting that we ignore 1 evil because we have not yet destroyed another? It appears we are able to do both at the same time. And anyone remember D-Day? How many thousands were lost in 1 day? I don't hear anyone crying about that. We have lost a lot of good men and women, but it is unfortunately a price we must pay to ensure our safety, and that of the iraqi civilians. Should we only fight when we can be sure of no loss of life? In that case any one that wants to fight can bring it to our door before we do anything about it. After the advent of subs, strategic bombers, and ICBM's, we can no longer just ignore the rest of the world as "it's their problem and doesn't concern us". We have to think about what  it would mean to allow people like sadam to control a country, kill hundreds of thousands of his own people (some through starvation while he builds multiple pallaces ... thanks to the UN and Kofi Annan) and all the while he helps in discrete ways the terrorists that want to destroy our whole country. Stretchy, I agree that there are other evils that need to be dealt with, but like you implied, we have to deal with some at a time not all at once. Right now we are dealing with sadam, his followers, Bin laden and his followers. And because of this the world is a better place. And if nothing else it gives a reason for those other evils to pause and think twice before helping terrorsits, or attacking the US. And I further disagree.....the ends (at times) do justify the means. Sadam should have been dealt with during the first gulf war and been removed then. This time we did not make that mistake. Thank God for a leader like Bush, our true allies (like Englans, not france, Germany, Russia), and most of all the heroic men and women of our armed forces that are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to ensure our safety as well as that of others.


This could be a long debate

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com