my grandfather past

Started by gery350, July 29, 2005, 10:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gery350

my grandfather past yesterday. he was 89 years old. he was the greatest man i ever knew. i had an intitial few minutes of grief but my faith got me through it. my grandfather was always a strong independent person and i hated seeing him in the condition he was. i know it was degrading for him and i really wished for his suffering to end. well he is in a better place now(and i truely believe it) the only thing that is killing me is that i couldnt make it to the hospital in time to say goodbye. but if it meant one more minute of him suffering just so i can say goodbye than i'd rather not. you know what-its not really goodbye, cause i know hes not gone, hes in a better place. so til we meet again, i'll see ya in my dreams. love ya.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Southern4x4

Yo sry to here about ur garndpa.I wishg things like this never happened cause I lost someone very close to me to.My uncle was left in a live burn trainig exersise his instructors left him and the other recruits and he wondered in to the wrong room and was over come by the heat. :'(
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

05greengriz

Sorry for your lose, but as you said, he is not suffering and he is in a better place now. Deepest condolences.
                           The Shiver Family
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Da_Mtg_Man

Our condolences. You've hit the nail on the head. He's not gone, He's in a better place and you will see him again someday. Our thoughts are with you and yours during this grieving time.

The Lumsdens
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

TRX350_On_The_Rack

[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

bluesman


wilburz

I too lost my grandpa about 8 years ago. I think of him everyday. Grandpas are the best! Sorry to hear about your loss.   
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

tekhanto

Sorry for your loss, I know it's hard but just remember the good times and the memories and he's with you always.

I'm older than dirt now but one thing that I remember is my grandfathers memories and now that I am a grandfather I go out of my way to play and do things with the kids so they too will hopefully have fond memories ...
just something for you to think of as you get older.

again good luck
You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

Moose

My thoughts and prayors are with you and your family. I lost my grandfather back when I was 20, lung cancer, and I couldn't make it to OK to see him. I'm glad I have the memories I have, he was a good man.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

big-daddy

Our condolences, Call if you need anything.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

qt314nfla

Sorry to hear about your loss.  The last of my grandparents died 4 years ago.  Grandparents hold such a special place in our hearts.  Beyond the spoiling and fun memories as children they share so many things with us.  As adults we learn so much from them about ourselves and life.

The most wonderful part is that those memories and stories can't be taken away.  They will be with you forever to share with your children.  Again I'm sorry for your loss and his pain.

bigb

i've recently lost two grandparents,please give you and your family my best wishes.
accepting donations in the form of a quad.

susieblazer

 :'(

     My condolences to you and your family.........my grandparents are no longer here either and greatly missed.............I worry about my dad as he is going to be 90............
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

PureLogic

I am sorry for your loss.. You will be in our prayers!!

[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

MrsPureLogic

So sorry for your loss.  You'll always have your memories.....cherish them.....and do remember, he IS in a better place!

Anoriginal

I feel for you and know you'll get through it. When I lost my grandfather, it hurt like nothing else. I sat and cried like a 6'2" 275lb baby for hours. But, every time I go someplace I went with him or see his picture or do something that reminds me of him, I know he's watching and smiling. Remember all the good times and what he ment to you.  You are a lucky man to have been that close to him and had someone in your life that ment that much. We're all pulling for you.

gery350

thanks for all your support guys/girls.  all i can tell you is FIND the time to visit the ones that mean alot to you.  dont take it for granted that they will be here tomorrow.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

GSPKurt

Quote from: gery350 on July 29, 2005, 11:40:50 PM
thanks for all your support guys/girls.  all i can tell you is FIND the time to visit the ones that mean alot to you.  dont take it for granted that they will be here tomorrow.
Excellent advice.
My deepest sympathies for your loss. An acquaintance once said to me, "Death is a part of life" Not easy to accept at this time, but true, none the less. You sound like a level headed person with strong faith. Let that give you comfort.
Again, my sympathies.
Kurt
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

dreth

congradulations to you grandfather! we all know hes living it up right now looking down on us ;) hang in there gery!

gery350

thanks gsp itis true-death is a part of life.  i realize it was his time.
dreth- you are so right-he is not stuck in a deteriorated 89 yesr old body now. he is free spirit watching from above.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Njoutlaw88

sorry about your grandpa. It sounds like your grand pa was great.  I wish I was closer to my grandpa but he and I dont really get along.

budman


Condolences to you and your family. Yes, he is in a far better place, and thank God you were able to have times with him. I never really knew my grandfathers, since they died before I was  5 years old. I lost one grandmother not long after, but had 1 grandmother for a LONG time. Lots of memories with her, but she has been gone for about 15 years.


Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on July 30, 2005, 12:51:51 PM
sorry about your grandpa. It sounds like your grand pa was great.  I wish I was closer to my grandpa but he and I dont really get along.

Make it your mission to get along with yours, It takes 2 to keep apart, and life is too short not to make amends, even if it's not your fault. Once they are gone, no time to say I'm sorry. I am blessed to have 5 grandchildren to interact with, so that they will know their grandfather far better than I knew mine.
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: budman on July 31, 2005, 05:40:32 PM

Condolences to you and your family. Yes, he is in a far better place, and thank God you were able to have times with him. I never really knew my grandfathers, since they died before I was  5 years old. I lost one grandmother not long after, but had 1 grandmother for a LONG time. Lots of memories with her, but she has been gone for about 15 years.


Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on July 30, 2005, 12:51:51 PM
sorry about your grandpa. It sounds like your grand pa was great.  I wish I was closer to my grandpa but he and I dont really get along.

Make it your mission to get along with yours, It takes 2 to keep apart, and life is too short not to make amends, even if it's not your fault. Once they are gone, no time to say I'm sorry. I am blessed to have 5 grandchildren to interact with, so that they will know their grandfather far better than I knew mine.

believe me I try. I just cant stand him. Hes a crazy old man who blames me for anything he can.

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on July 29, 2005, 10:55:01 AM
Our condolences. You've hit the nail on the head. He's not gone, He's in a better place and you will see him again someday. Our thoughts are with you and yours during this grieving time.

I could not have said it any better.  The Norris family is in prayer for you and  your family.

CAOSPOP

My sincere condolences to you and your family. I was really young when i lost my grandparents. I still remember them and still miss them till this day. There gone but not forgotten. They will allways live in our hearts.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com