Osceola Forest

Started by bone, July 11, 2005, 08:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bone

I have been riding the ocala national forest for several years but have not been to osceola.  Anybody have any experience there regarding restrictions, parking etc.  Just wondering, ocala is fun but would like to try something a little farther north.

yunt2ride

It is some good riding for a utility quad. Lots of water in the trails and all the trails are marked with signs in them pretty well.

Check out this link

http://www.floridaatv.com/YaBB.pl?num=1119727716
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Teej

You mentioned a lot of water on the trails. How would kids quads do?

Is there a riding season there? I mean, do they close to ATV's durning hunting season?

Do you have any fall rides planned? If it is on a Sunday, I can bring my family of 4 and 3 quads.

Thank you, Teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

yunt2ride


Here is a couple of links. The water got pretty deep at times. I would say 1-1/2 feet deep. Maybe to deep for a kids quad. It did have hard bottom. You can make it in two wheel drive everywhere. I'm not sure if they close for hunting season but I usually don't ride where hunters are anyways. I don't have anything planned as of now but can ride most any Sunday. Its been almost to hot to ride but I need a fix to. Have not been riding in over a month because of this heat.


http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/recreation/index_osc.shtml

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/maps/
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Been there. Lot's of fun. Planning on camping out in the Fall/Winter.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

GSPKurt

How about Sunday August 14?
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

yunt2ride

Quote from: GSPKurt on July 27, 2005, 01:20:45 AM
How about Sunday August 14?

Could be a possibility. Depends on if I can get off to go to Mudfest down near okeechobee.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

susieblazer

Quote from: GSPKurt on July 27, 2005, 01:20:45 AM
How about Sunday August 14?

        Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  :-\
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

GSPKurt

#8
Quote from: susieblazer on July 27, 2005, 05:44:37 PM
Quote from: GSPKurt on July 27, 2005, 01:20:45 AM
How about Sunday August 14?

        Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  :-\


Do I see a ride shaping up? Tony, we'd need local knowledge as I have never been there before.

Susie-
If you're off Monday, we could do Osceola OR Tate's Hell!

Kurt
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

yunt2ride

Quote from: GSPKurt on August 02, 2005, 03:27:36 PM
Quote from: susieblazer on July 27, 2005, 05:44:37 PM
Quote from: GSPKurt on July 27, 2005, 01:20:45 AM
How about Sunday August 14?

        Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  :-\


I'm gonna be going to Mudfest in Okeechobee on the 13th and 14th. I really don't know a lot of areas out there but we always ride from a place called Cobb Camp. You can get a map from the rangers station and the trails are marked really well as to where you can ride. GPS- You can go with us down south if youd like. Ordered my beads today.........


Do I see a ride shaping up? Tony, we'd need local knowledge as I have never been there before.

Susie-
If you're off Monday, we could do Osceola OR Tate's Hell!

Kurt
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

GSPKurt

Tony-
Thanks for the info. I have an ATV Safety course Saturday the 13th, so I'll stay local.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com