Temps at Big Scrub.

Started by Mars, July 25, 2005, 03:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mars

Hello all.
I've never been to BS in the summer. So I need to know how hot is it at night.
I have a small TH but I know you have to shut down the gen set at 10PM. Will I end up sleeping outside?
Thanks
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Ida_Mann

in my experience, the woods up there cool down quite a bit at night,,,,,you may be at 95 during the day but at night after about 10pm it gets down near 75.

I have never camped at BS though.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Mars

 I checked the local weather whitch states "feels like 87" at midnight.
I know it should be cooler in the woods. I was hoping to get more feedback from the members. Thanks for being the first.
The wife is in hot flash mode.....might have to kill her to get some sleep ;D
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Ida_Mann

I would say that it feels like more about 80 than 87

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

NPRVinson


    Re: big scrub
« Reply #14 on: Today at 09:34:15 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so yeah sorry when we got there my nextel died, but were there in the middle of camp with two tents and drunk as hell all weekend. i made a mistake and drank a little to much sorry if bothered anyone.  i thought there would be a little more folks up there than there were, but i can understand because of the heat. we were so F***in hot all weekend. But hey we had such a blast. the swiming hole downback towards 19 was very nice. maybe we will se yall down again before it gets cold, thanks for all the info folks.

bugmanjr

its definetaly hot, i was there this weekend!   got down and set up under the power lines they dont seem to bug ya anymore and you can run your genrator all nite!   :)
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

bftclub

does ocala riding shutdown sport riding during hunting season?or is there specific areas only you can't ride?

NPRVinson

You can ride year round, we don't start riding till about 10:00am and come in about 4:00pm to avoid getting shot at.

bftclub


Ida_Mann

Quote from: NPRVinson on July 30, 2005, 12:52:47 AM
You can ride year round, we don't start riding till about 10:00am and come in about 4:00pm to avoid getting shot at.

that's pretty much my policy during hunting season.

A ranger actually made sense one time when they told me that hunters pay to be able to use the forest about two months out of the year only to be disturbed by people on OHV's who don't pay to use the forest and have access all year round.

Plus, I used to hunt, so I give hunters a wide berth in the forest.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."