New details on Mudfest

Started by J.D., July 22, 2005, 03:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.D.

I'll be going up one day next week , what I plan to do is set up obsticals  a couple skill things etc.. My resources will be mostly old fence posts . telephone polls , big pine trees and such . One of the ditches for the atv gets very deep at the far end , so we are going to put some logs in and press them down with a dozer so it will be better for us . If anyone has any good ideas please let me know on this post so we can discuss it . I wont be making any $ for it and I only have a day or so to get it done ....I will however be able to take 3 volunteers . But it will be mostly working but we will be able to test what we set up . Please if you have any ideas on the subject post it so we can discuss . Communication is the ket to a good time .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

SwampRat

ATV Mud Drag Races -- Cut two straight paths with the dozer about 70' long, fill w/water.  Leave land between to prevent atv collisions.  Starting post and end-of-run post 50' away.  Start the drag race in the mud (no running start).  Should only take about 30 minutes to setup.
06 F-250 4x4 PSD TowCommand
06 Weekend Warrior FS2300; Onan 4KW Genset
05 Suzuki King Quad; 27" 589's; 2.5 Warn Winch; Garmin Map76 GPS
[url="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg"]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg[/url]

J.D.

Thats a good one ... kind suspicious coming from a fella with a new set of outlaws . ;) Good idea !
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Bigscrb15

filled with 1" water and VERY VERY compacted clay/dirt. :) is that suspicious coming from someone with stock tires? lol  I hope I can make it out to mudfest, im gonna try, sounds like its gonna be entertaining.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

PureLogic

I would love to volunteer could you post a date and time? I have to see if I can coordinate it with work.... How about next weekend?
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

02YamahaBigBear400

sounds like its gonna be fun. What about an atv pull. If you don't have a sled maybe a cheap way would be to cut some telephone poll (since thats one of your resources) into maybe 5 ft lengths and put in them thick screws and chain as many together and then on the first one have that one go to the hitch something like this ||> depends on the number of poles you wanna be pulling. Thats something if you don't have a sled to pull.
2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player

qt314nfla

Maybe a quad tug of war?  When are you going?  I'd be interrested in helping if I can coordinate also.

Asphaltdragon

Quote from: QT314Nfla on July 23, 2005, 12:26:58 AM
Maybe a quad tug of war?  When are you going?  I'd be interrested in helping if I can coordinate also.
That sounds like fun... ;D
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

Busta Nutt

 What about a jump for a jumping contest? Saw this for trucks once a teeter- totter made with logs, don't how well it will work with atvs  though.  Stick some big big logs at the end of the mud run. Saw a big jump at  the end of a mud run kind of seperated the posers from the rough necks. Drag a junk car out there and run it over.  Figure eight racing. Demolition derby. These could all be made more interesting with the addition of a blindfold or beer bong.

wilburz

How about a wheelie contest or bikini contest? 
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

J.D.

Let me go find my old thong .  ;D  A sled pull could be done ..I have to keep everything fairly safe .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Busta Nutt

Well they said no riding after dark. So you have a bikini contest, wet t-shirt contest, women mud wrestling, women trying to lasso beads around a pole, etc.  Only limited by your imagination.

qt314nfla

Quote from: wilburzbro on July 23, 2005, 09:37:57 AM
What about a jump for a jumping contest? Saw this for trucks once a teeter- totter made with logs, don't how well it will work with atvs  though.  Stick some big big logs at the end of the mud run. Saw a big jump at  the end of a mud run kind of seperated the posers from the rough necks. Drag a junk car out there and run it over.  Figure eight racing. Demolition derby. These could all be made more interesting with the addition of a blindfold or beer bong.

Wilburzbro, your crazy man.  Your thinking of the speedway bus race events.  Interresting though but I wonder who's going to pay the insurance on the figure 8 racing.  Damn sue happy ppl screw everything up.

qt314nfla

Quote from: wilburzbro on July 23, 2005, 11:40:36 AM
Well they said no riding after dark. So you have a bikini contest, wet t-shirt contest, women mud wrestling, women trying to lasso beads around a pole, etc.  Only limited by your imagination.

Ok but can us women have some contests to see the guys?  Like a wet boxer brief contest (they have to be white of course), ok, here's one to keep everyone happy women lassoing beads around weenie's,  kind of like a new twist on the old favorite ring toss.  We need scenery too, and your butt's and chests aren't what I'm talking about.

Busta Nutt

Everyone would have to sign a waiver of course.
I have a funny feeling that if you poured water down my drawers, after dark, and the conditon I will probably be in given my past history, Mr. Turtle will probably go back in his hole :o Now if I get my hands on some little blue pills I'm winning that contest ;D  But whatever you guys want, I am up for anything I guess.

qt314nfla


PureLogic

Geez it looks like I got to order more beads... With the bikini contest and wet T shirt contest 800 just aint gonna cut it!!!  ;D
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

MuddyGurl101

I would also help if needed J.D. Let me know!
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

inked4life87

I AM IN THE EQUPTIMENT RENTAL BIZ SO IF THERE IS SOMETHING I CAN HELP YOU WITH LET ME KNOW..NICK..

team_quad_green

JD if there was some drywall needed. I would give my time but dont think you any at this time. 
RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80

yunt2ride

How about an ARTIC CAT demo program.  ;D ;D When and where is the mud fest.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

J.D.

Here are a few more details for you ! This event will happen every 6 months for the next 5 years , permits are done . The next evnt will open on friday and will be only ATV's friday . You will be able to bring in the Buggies and such but wont be able to run them until sat morning . This was a suggestion made to the owner so the little youngins will roam with a little more saftey  "Family Day " The owner liked the Idea  ;) I will try to set us up some cool stuff this friday so we will have a few things to play on that we normally dont at these tpye of events .  We will try to get as much done as possible , so far it's my boy "biggin "myself and one other fellah . I could really use the help of 2 more people ..I can take 5 in total including myself .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Chobeeman

#22
what time time friday? I really will like to help, i live in okeechobee. i just got to know because i work in fort pierce. P.M. me with info

PureLogic

 ;D

Got beads?


[attachment deleted by admin]
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

qt314nfla

Anyone ever thought of renaming the event to Redneck Mardi Gras?  Cause that's what it's going to be w/ all those beads.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com