Thumb Extender mods started.....................

Started by susieblazer, July 23, 2005, 02:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susieblazer



Started the modifications of a thumb extender on spacerider's quad this evening, if he likes it after some test rides, will have it plastic dipped and mounted.............

[attachment deleted by admin]
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

susieblazer

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

susieblazer

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

susieblazer

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

LakeMaryKid

uhhhh thats not a thumb throttle thats a palm throttle. Dang that looks over kill.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Ida_Mann

I was gonna say the same, but hey, whatever works.

that should look cool when it's done

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

susieblazer

Yes that is what an extender is...................and he is gonna use his palm , not thumb, just attaches to the thumb throttle.............. ;D
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

qt314nfla

I was going to say what they did.  I've been on a bike w/ a smaller thumb throttle.  Makes it easier but I was glad it wasn't any longer.  I would think it might be harder to get off the gas and use that brake.

susieblazer

 

  Well he can test it a few times...............if he don't like it , can always go back and brain storm and re-modify another one.............LOL
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

qt314nfla

Is his thumb throttle that bad?  Mine use to get sore when I rode for long periods.  Once I started riding all the time it built up the muscle and quit bothering me.

susieblazer

  spacerider has very small hands..............lol. so it bothers his thumb after awhile, and he wants to ride for longer periods....................
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

YFZ450-Tampa

I put a bigger thumb throttle on mine and it wasn't as big as that one, and let me tell you, it was very unconfortable, end up been worse, besides it will stick with my point finger at most of the times, they sell an aftermarket one  that is not much bigger then stock, but you can adjust the angle at your convinience, it fixed my problem for good.
If you interested, let me know and I'll find the website againg for you.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Oldracer#23

Hey Luis,  I am not sure where you got yours, but James Lucky ATV has the adjustable levers for around $30 - $40.  It looks to be the same as yours.

TRX450R_Racer

I am not familiar with Polaris but most 2 stroke quads are the same. You can take the top off of the thumb throttle. There is a spring in there. Remove it. That will make it a little easier to push. Also, like I said I am not familiar with Polaris but, you should be able to unscrew the top of the carb. Under there is a big return spring. You can cut s few rings off of it to make it easier to push. I would cut off one at a time and try it to see how it is. Also make sure the slide still snaps back when you release the throttle. I have done this with 250Rs all the time, it works really well.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

susieblazer


    A different extender is on and used it at croom today, will post pics later
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey Bill I got mine on the internet, I just can't remember the site, it was about $40, and it is not that bigger, it is adjustable, and this is what really made the difference for me.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

susieblazer

#16
 
spacerider has chosen this mod........thinner and lighter,as well as removable.........worked great at croom........



[attachment deleted by admin]
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

spacerider

First off I'd like to thank susie for the pics and her husband with the help in fabricating the thumb extenders - i have the one he made under the seat as a spare - now the one I have on there I fabricated from a chrome hollow piece of rod and cut a piece off the bottom so it fits on over the thumb throttle and yes it looks overkill on the pics but when you see on the bike it does not look that bad and yes i do have small hands so when i use my palm OH MAN what a difference - no discomfort what so ever other mods will soon be on the way ..............you'll see     ::)
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

susieblazer

 

I can't wait to see them....and I will see them as they are under construction............LOL     lookin good there (son) .......... ;D
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

spacerider

Just an update the overkill thumb/palm extender was AWESOME , went on the toy run and did not have a problem with it at all and absolutley no pain or discomfort , I will perfect it and make ir better , more pics to come
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

Southern4x4

hey u can put a used shotgun shell on to thats what i do when i find them
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]