Return of the MIGHTY 2-stroke !!!!

Started by Quad32x, July 19, 2005, 03:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quad32x

Yep , thats  right !   You  4-stroke  boys  can  start  sweating.  Are  friends  at  Honda  are  bringing  back  the  2-stroke.  http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mchonda/exp2_tech.html   Check  it  out !!!! ;D ;D ;D    Oh  yea , and  for  all  you  boys  who  said  the  2-strokes  where  dying , bite  me ! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Njoutlaw88

dude i like anyone who rides but two strokes ruin all the illegal riding spots.

J.D.

I'll take one of those . maybe 1 for my boy too . 400 cc 2 banger sounds nice ...not like a wet fart .. ;D
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Quad32x

Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on July 19, 2005, 03:22:47 PM
dude i like anyone who rides but two strokes ruin all the illegal riding spots.
Ruin  the  illegal  riding  spots ?? :-\  Why  would  you  tresspass  to  ride  anyway ?   What  you  said  makes  no  sense  at  all. ::)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Bigscrb15

Hate to ruin it for you, but that article was written back in 1995 or somewhere close to that. If you look at the chart it has motorcycle sales for 1994 and the Honda EXP-2 came out in 1996.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

J.D.

Maybe the oil mfg's can come up with some newer stuff to help. Also the smaller Bike companies will be able to help keep em going . Look at what the ATK site has to offer .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

gery350

its not that the manufacturers dont want to make them.
its the epa that wont let them.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

LT-R450ApK

Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

big-daddy

EPA wants all of us to have diesel engine Quad  :-\
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

jbbj220

Green Peace wants us to have hybrid quads if they let you have one at all. Diesel / electric quads is what they want or maybe even just the electric ones. Opps I forgot that might be fun and Green Peace is not going to want you to have fun. Run around in the woods makeing motor sounds with your mouth that is what the EPA and all the tree huggers would like.

   Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

big-daddy

Quote from: jbbj220 on July 20, 2005, 07:51:22 AM
Green Peace wants us to have hybrid quads if they let you have one at all. Diesel / electric quads is what they want or maybe even just the electric ones. Opps I forgot that might be fun and Green Peace is not going to want you to have fun. Run around in the woods makeing motor sounds with your mouth that is what the EPA and all the tree huggers would like.

   Jim,

Thats Funny  ;D But a diesel 4x4 sounds like a good idea...  8)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Old_School

F the EPA.  >:(  Bunch of *&^%ies.  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

grass-catcher

Nope they dont even want you to run around and make noise and
disturb the animals since they are more important than you are.We
should all stay home eat our tofu burgers powered by solar and bathe
in recycled water from lo-flo shower heads.Remember if its fun and it
involves something motorized its evil.

SkyHighT100

I absolutely HATE those lo-flo shower heads!! I have a well, so the pressure sucks as it is. Its a pain tain a shower with the lo-flo stuff because it feels like it takes FOREVER just to get the soap off, lol.... so wait... seeing that we have to take longer showers... doesnt that kind of defeat the purpose of lo-flo?   
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

J.D.

ATK to the rescue .
THE 700cc ATK INTIMIDATOR!


New King of the Beasts? The 700cc ATK is certainly in the running for that title.
Naturally, our attention was drawn to the 700. Based on the latest technology from the folks who built the famed Maico/M-Star motors, the Intimidator (good name!) has a piston big enough to use to mix paint in.

I was scheduled to test ride the Intimidator at the Desert Vipers Grand Prix, but my motorhome lost the rear wheels on the way to the event, and I spent most of the weekend getting the thing fixed and back home. However, Mike Hobbs from ORC, was there and managed to get some photos and feedback on the bike. Frank White (CEO from ATK) put in a few laps on the beast to shake it down a bit, so we can at least give you a preview. We'll arrange a full test session with ATK later on and give you some actual riding impressions.

For now, here are some specs and info on the 700:

Intimidator Specifications
Engine Type: Liquid-Cooled, 2-stroke, single
Displacement: 685CC
Bore & Stroke 100X87 mm
Carburetion: 39mm Kehin
Ignition SEM lighting output 130 watt
Starting System: Kick start
Transmission: 5-Speed, Wide Ratio
Fuel Capacity: 2.5 Gallon / 3.5 Gallon
Front Suspension: Paioli USD
Rear Suspension: WP
Front Tire: Dunlop 755 80/100-21
Rear Tire: Dunlop 756 120/100-21
Final Drive: D.I.D. V6 520 O-ring chain
Dry Weight: 238 lbs

Plated pipe and left side kickstarter. Looks like a Maico, and why not?
Carb is a smallish 39.5mm Keihin; pipe curls neatly up and out of the way.

GPR steering stabilizer ... stock!
Frank is justifiably proud of the latest ATK creations.

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

TRX350_On_The_Rack

I want a 4x4 1500cc with a 10 gallon fueltank and low-range so I can pull out Bradley's when they get stuck ;D
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

grass-catcher

I hope they have a comression release on that thing.I remember trying
to kick over 500 suzuki that was flooded no fun.They would have to do
one heck of a job mounting the body pieces.

Quad32x

Quote from: grass-catcher on July 20, 2005, 11:26:15 AM
I hope they have a comression release on that thing.I remember trying
to kick over 500 suzuki that was flooded no fun.They would have to do
one heck of a job mounting the body pieces.
I  can  relate !!! ;D ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

TRX350_On_The_Rack

[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

grass-catcher

Quad 32x when my roomate and I redid his LT500 he redid it from ground up.Gusseted the frame repainted blue new plastic rebuilt
top and bottom end.Clutch swing arm bearings chain sprockets etc
etc.We couldnt keep the plastic from cracking around body mounts.
We had to put thick rubber washers on both side of the plastis around
the bolts.From the vibration of the motot,Ever had that problem?

big-daddy

Quote from: TRX350_On_The_Rack on July 20, 2005, 10:54:50 AM
I want a 4x4 1500cc with a 10 gallon fueltank and low-range so I can pull out Bradley's when they get stuck ;D

see JD he got them in stock!

[attachment deleted by admin]
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Quad32x

Quote from: grass-catcher on July 20, 2005, 03:04:21 PM
Quad 32x when my roomate and I redid his LT500 he redid it from ground up.Gusseted the frame repainted blue new plastic rebuilt
top and bottom end.Clutch swing arm bearings chain sprockets etc
etc.We couldnt keep the plastic from cracking around body mounts.
We had to put thick rubber washers on both side of the plastis around
the bolts.From the vibration of the motot,Ever had that problem?
Yea  I  did  with  after  market  plastics  but  the  factory  stuff  has  been  no  problem.  But  then  again  its  a  LOT  more  expensive !! :o
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Old_School

Quote from: Quad32x on July 20, 2005, 12:16:54 PM
Quote from: grass-catcher on July 20, 2005, 11:26:15 AM
I hope they have a comression release on that thing.I remember trying
to kick over 500 suzuki that was flooded no fun.They would have to do
one heck of a job mounting the body pieces.
   I  can  relate !!! ;D ;D

Werd. My first experience kicking the beast I was wearing my nikes. After 5 mins I ran out of curse words to say so I made up my own.  ;D But now people ask me can I ride your 500. I say sure as long as you can start it. lol  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Quad32x

LOL !!!! ;D   Thats  funny  cause  I  say  the  same  thing !! ;D ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

J.D.

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com