Winch contactor placement

Started by Moose, December 14, 2004, 08:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose

Any suggestions on where to put my contactor switch for my warn winch on a 450 foreman. Thanks for any help.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

meathead1

I put mine in the storage box and sealed it in plastic warn 3.0  2 years old no problems
ARCTIC 650
450 FOREMAN
500 quad runner

yunt2ride

Did somebody buy him a winch for christmas, Just may need it riding with us. HEHE  Now I need to get one. And some tires
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Moose

meathead1, how did you seal the switch in plastic? I've been trying to figure out how to keep it from getting wet.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

customrubicon

I put mine under the seat towards the back of the frame. It fits perfect. I did not want to put it in the box because it takes up the storage area.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

Moose

I don't have room under the seat on my foreman, the starter solenoid and fuse box are next to the battery in that space. I could put it under the fuse box, but it would get wet when I get into deeper water, same as with the rear tool box.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Mars

Hi Moose.
 I know you have an "ES" and you may have more electrical stuff than ours but....
 I have ours piggy backed right on the starter relay under the seat. Ours is a 1999 "S" and it fit just right.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

customrubicon

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

meathead1

heavy duty plastic bag and silicone 2yrs no water
ARCTIC 650
450 FOREMAN
500 quad runner

Thrasher

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Mars

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.