Skid plate Issues!

Started by grsricky, July 15, 2005, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grsricky

I just purchased extreme fabrication skid plates for a 660 raptor. The swing arm is flush against the brake disc. I know there should be a like a 1 inch space between the skids and the disc, what can I do to get that space needed. They didn't come with any additional bolts or washers. Can anyone please give me some ideas?
2005 Raptor 660r AC nerf; full UM skids; pro aluminum rear bumper; White Bros.; Pro design proflow kit
Yamaha follow no one!
'98 Mazda P/U somethings gotta carry my Quad
'03 Porche 911 Carrera 4S

dreth

go to home depot and purchase a nut that has a bigger inside diameter than your stock nut and use them for spacers ;)

Nightbreed

or if you go to ACE HARDWARE, they have a section of crome nuts bolts and round spacers that would look nice
What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!

dreth

Quote from: Nightbreed on July 16, 2005, 04:22:16 AM
or if you go to ACE HARDWARE, they have a section of crome nuts bolts and round spacers that would look nice

always trying to do stuff the right way ::)

grsricky

Adding a few nuts will definitely give me that inch I need. All is well, but will I lose any integrity.
2005 Raptor 660r AC nerf; full UM skids; pro aluminum rear bumper; White Bros.; Pro design proflow kit
Yamaha follow no one!
'98 Mazda P/U somethings gotta carry my Quad
'03 Porche 911 Carrera 4S

dreth

Quote from: grsricky on July 18, 2005, 09:19:31 PM
Adding a few nuts will definitely give me that inch I need. All is well, but will I lose any integrity.

I HAD TO DO THE SAME THING TO MINE! IF IT WILL WITHSTAND THE PUNISHMENT THAT I GIVE IT YOU SHOULD BE FINE ;)

grsricky

Thanks guys for your help. Your resolution very logical but impossible for someone with little experience with these machines. I will install them this weekends. I am still recovering from my broken clavicle surgery and wont be able to ride for another 6 weeks but nevertheless; getting ready for what's soon to come. Hahaha. Thanks again guys.
2005 Raptor 660r AC nerf; full UM skids; pro aluminum rear bumper; White Bros.; Pro design proflow kit
Yamaha follow no one!
'98 Mazda P/U somethings gotta carry my Quad
'03 Porche 911 Carrera 4S

grsricky

Thanx, guys. It works perfectly. I even got a chance to try it out. Eventhough I have a few more weeks before I am free to ride from my clavicle surgery but I think you guys can understand. The envy was just too much for me. Just don't tell my wife. Hahaha. Thanks Again!
2005 Raptor 660r AC nerf; full UM skids; pro aluminum rear bumper; White Bros.; Pro design proflow kit
Yamaha follow no one!
'98 Mazda P/U somethings gotta carry my Quad
'03 Porche 911 Carrera 4S