River Ranch POA

Started by scrambledeggs, July 07, 2005, 04:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoriginal

#50
stolen:

Well, I guess there's just nothing wrong at all then huh? You proud southern man you.  I guess I should leave a southern man alone...get r done, the south's gonna rise again, roll with it, country boys can survive... B.S.  Give me a break there Hank Jr. Sure am glad you've got it all figured out. However, in doing so, you assumed too much about me.

The first half of my family came to Florida in the early 1810's from the area that is now Coffee County, Georgia. Originally a penal colony for England. They settled in what is now eastern Manatee County.

The other half came immediatley following the Civil War when my great great uncle (who rode beside General Lee into Appomatox when he surrendered) took his family south to Florida.  Part of the family settled in northern Florida, eventually leading to the county being named after my family. The remainder moved to the Manatee County area in about 1870. We've been here longer than any family in the county and longer than just about any in Florida.

Now, what were you saying about Northern aggression?  Duh.....?

As far as being "woe is me". Never have been. Anyone who knows me personally (and many of the folks on this site do) can attest that I am a polar opposite to that description. I absolutely love being me and make no qualms about it. I'm the happiest and luckiest person I know. I do not mind one bit directing my energy and ability at preserving places in the Florida outdoors for all of us to enjoy in the way we choose to enjoy it.  Had you taken the time to read my posts with an impartial and open mind (tough one huh?) you'd see this.

Finally, my ideas don't suck. Many of the folks who at first did not agree with me on this post have since PM'ed me and we've come to realize we share a common thread. That thread is to protect and promote places to ride even when it means protecting the morons who "roll with it" or who think riding and being aloof to the problem veses trying to do something about it is the way to go.  Thankless job most of the time and the biggest opposition usually comes from uneducated moron's who want to ride, but don't put forth the effort to be involved or take time to realize what the issues are.

As far as the cows being home, I was in my pasture last night.....(not in the city) and they were all there. LOL

I hope RR stays open, I mean it. Thanks for making me laugh.


big-daddy



WOW! Big Daddy....this sounds like a threat....be careful with the new law that allows a person to protect themselves in what ever means! You could find out your not the only Redneck with a good shot!
Quote

No threat ! Read a book call Redneck Rivera tells the story for his jeep and camp being shot up, because it was in the hunting area. I dont know if its true  ???
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

CAOSPOP

Quote from: big-daddy on July 18, 2005, 03:13:55 PM


WOW! Big Daddy....this sounds like a threat....be careful with the new law that allows a person to protect themselves in what ever means! You could find out your not the only Redneck with a good shot!
Quote

No threat ! Read a book call Redneck Rivera tells the story for his jeep and camp being shot up, because it was in the hunting area. I dont know if its true  ???

BIG-D your ONLY 1/2 REDNECK !!!! You LYING sack OF S*IT you lyed to me.  :'(

What am I going to tell MOM now HUH.

big-daddy

Quote from: CAOSPOP on July 18, 2005, 03:46:36 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on July 18, 2005, 03:13:55 PM


WOW! Big Daddy....this sounds like a threat....be careful with the new law that allows a person to protect themselves in what ever means! You could find out your not the only Redneck with a good shot!
Quote

No threat ! Read a book call Redneck Rivera tells the story for his jeep and camp being shot up, because it was in the hunting area. I dont know if its true  ???

BIG-D your ONLY 1/2 REDNECK !!!! You LYING sack OF S*IT you lyed to me.  :'(

What am I going to tell MOM now HUH.

Ok, you got me!!! but look who talking, you gun carrying hillbilly. ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

CAOSPOP

 You mean i'm a hillbilly? Ohhhh K . I guess your right.

dewman

i to am a deed holder. rr is not and will never be a riding area.   it is and will always be a hunting club.. i cant tell you how many times some city slicker has been riding a sport quad at mach 1 and scared every living animal off.  this year i think i might get me a rr 2 point, haha. as far as every one bitching be cause they have no place to ride piss on ya.  you are the very ones who cut fences, chase cows, ride in wet weather ponds,  and litter.  and now you same people want to come into a hunting club and destroy it also. then where do i go ? i also here of people bitching about the roads they cant get there 2 wheel drive truck to camp.  it is a mud and sand road not paved stay home. i am just tired of some yankey flying down main grade, i stop and tell them there is a 10 mph speed limit, and they just look at ya and wheely away. no more i will stop every one who doesnot follow the rules because rr is mine.

Da_Mtg_Man

First off I want to welcome you to the site.
I agree with you on the speeding in the camp area. People are constantly flying up and down the roads and that needs to stop.
There are several of us that are working with the board members to get some projects going so that we can help the hunters and respect their rights as land owners. I am also a hunter but I ride more than I hunt. The majority of us are land owners for the same reason as you are and that is to enjoy the outdoors with our family and friends. Hope to meet you out there some weekend.

Mike
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

gery350

Quote from: dewman on October 18, 2005, 06:12:48 PM
i to am a deed holder. rr is not and will never be a riding area.   it is and will always be a hunting club.. i cant tell you how many times some city slicker has been riding a sport quad at mach 1 and scared every living animal off.  this year i think i might get me a rr 2 point, haha. as far as every one pregnant doging be cause they have no place to ride piss on ya.  you are the very ones who cut fences, chase cows, ride in wet weather ponds,  and litter.  and now you same people want to come into a hunting club and destroy it also. then where do i go ? i also here of people pregnant doging about the roads they cant get there 2 wheel drive truck to camp.  it is a mud and sand road not paved stay home. i am just tired of some yankey flying down main grade, i stop and tell them there is a 10 mph speed limit, and they just look at ya and wheely away. no more i will stop every one who doesnot follow the rules because rr is mine.

i can relate with alot of what your saying, i've seen alot of the destruction that people have caused, but we all are not like that.  if your saying it aint a riding area  when was the last time you walked to your hunting spot. all i see out there are people riding there orv. whether to go out to their hunting spot or riding, i dont recall seeing alot of people walking.
good talking to ya.

oh yeah, never say never.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

team_quad_green

to bad I only seen damtg man and his crew and about 20 others at the clean up. If you wanna cry about this place help us out when were trying to make atvers look better out there. The roads are getting better give them time, Ive been out there almost 5 years and the rode are 100% better.


Team quad green
RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80

customrubicon

I have owned buggies and atv's for years. Buggy owners and atv owners have the same issues. I do not think that I have to list them all. The people on buggies fly down main grade, litter and tear things up also. There are bad apples in all that we do. We as a group we need to help keep up the image of atv riders in RR. The clean up ride on the 15th was a start and a success. I did not see anyone else out there picking up trash but the atv riders from this site. I did see people throwing beer cans on maingrade minutes after us picking up the older cans.

Can't we all get along ?????
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

tekhanto

The clean up I feel was a success for the ATv'ers and River Ranch  people were looking at us like we were crazy picking up the trash as they would go by.  Although one person stopped and said " thanks".  But the Main gate was telling people that the clean up had been put off to another day and wasn't happening on Sat.
You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: tekhanto on October 19, 2005, 09:19:04 PM
The clean up I feel was a success for the ATv'ers and River Ranch  people were looking at us like we were crazy picking up the trash as they would go by.  Although one person stopped and said " thanks".  But the Main gate was telling people that the clean up had been put off to another day and wasn't happening on Sat.
We also had a few people thank us, that makes you feel good inside that other people cared. On the same token there were a bunch that rode by and looked at us like wee were crazy.
I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you tekhanto, I was on the yellow king quad. I hope to meet you soon.

MIke
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

mainetoo2005

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 19, 2005, 10:09:12 PM
I was on the yellow king quad.
MIke

AKA the "SLUG"?

Some guy name ORVILLE came up and thanked me when I was walking. I heard fiddle music.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: mainetoo2005 on October 20, 2005, 08:20:56 AM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 19, 2005, 10:09:12 PM
I was on the yellow king quad.
MIke

AKA the "SLUG"?

Some guy name ORVILLE came up and thanked me when I was walking. I heard fiddle music.

correction. " the turd"

Deliverence huh?  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

tekhanto

I'm sure we will meet out there hopefully sooner not later.... puts abit more into
going to meet others and have fun and just ride .
You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

mainetoo2005

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 20, 2005, 09:43:59 AM
Quote from: mainetoo2005 on October 20, 2005, 08:20:56 AM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 19, 2005, 10:09:12 PM
I was on the yellow king quad.
MIke

AKA the "SLUG"?

Some guy name ORVILLE came up and thanked me when I was walking. I heard fiddle music.

correction. " the turd"

Deliverence huh?  ;D

Oh ya... El Turdo... I never saw a yeller turd before. But is your bike and you can give it any loving name you want :)

AintSkeered

There'll be no litter once Disney buys everyone out and builds their new resort.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

cypress33415

OK, 1 Quick question? I keep reading that this is a HUNT CLUB and not an ATV park. So can some of you guy's post some pic's of the game you have takin. I'm looking into buying some property up their and would like to see what kind of game you guy's take off the property. THANKS 

cypress33415

DANG! Not 1 pic ? Maybe it is more of an ATV area then a hunting club..

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com