Banshee or Raptor for XC scrambles?

Started by m31fireman, July 13, 2005, 07:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m31fireman

 Neither have suspension upgrades . I am actually saving and waiting for the new LTZ 450 .Thats how I aquired the SE Banshee.  I have to decide which bike and which mods to make for now . The banshee is an 05. The raptor an 03 . Both have nerfbars ,pipes,jets,air filters, razr`s in the rear . I know I will need razr 2 fronts on one of them .I do not want to dump to much money in either one at this point unless it is definately worth it . I know the raptor is very top heavy , so I did not know if the banshee is a better choice?Even though I am giving up the electric start and reverse . Thats almost sad to admit.. lol The banshee does require a lot of shifting to keep it in the sweet spot , and man is it fast . I know XC is not all about actual top speed though . Just looking for some input , till I can sneak the new Suzuki in the garage .

       

MXRACER86

When The Gate Drops!  The Bullsh!t Stops!!!

Albright335

Out of the two quads you listed I would say......ride whatever is most comfortable for you!!! ;) Even try out a race on each to see which you prefer - good luck in your decision (and in sneaking the Suzuki in your garage)  ;)

See ya at the races!!

Jen
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

YFZ450-Tampa

I'll go for the Raptor, there is no questions , 4 stroke, lots of power and for me a very confortable quad (I know it is tippy but is better then the Banshee) never had a Banshee before but I have ridden them, and I had a Raptor and I loved it.

Now if you are starting the HS races, there will be a two stroke class ( on the regular series a Banshee goes witth the 0-400 class), but if you are fixing to buy a LTZ450, you can always start the races with the Raptor and then switch quads and stay at the same class.

Just my opinion hope it helps !!!
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

yamadooski

There are still a few Banshees that line up on the starting line.
I raced a banshee my first year in GNCC.
A buddy of mine raced the Raptor. He wanted to trade for the next race. I said no way.
The Raptor is way to top heavy.
The banshee will be good for the open cow pastures.
You will have to use a lot of clutch feathering in the woods though.
See ya at the first race and good luck.
Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole

m31fireman

Did not even think about the class difference . You think it would pay to go for arms and shocks to help with the top heaviness? Or just wait for the Suzuki. Feel like a trader buying something other than a yamaha... lol  But I am really hoping for reverse and electric start on the suzuki.. Not to mention ready to go out of the box .

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey men, it is up to you, I don't really know how soon will Suzuki come with their 450, now if you want to keep the Raptor it may be OK to put some suspension (I have a friend with a Raptor, with after market suspension, and that quad handles really good). But If suzuki comes soon with the quad you want, it may be better for you to wait a little and see what hapend.

Good luck and see you at the races,
Luis C.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Albright335

Quote from: M31FireMan on July 15, 2005, 12:30:53 PM
Did not even think about the class difference . You think it would pay to go for arms and shocks to help with the top heaviness? Or just wait for the Suzuki. Feel like a trader buying something other than a yamaha... lol  But I am really hoping for reverse and electric start on the suzuki.. Not to mention ready to go out of the box .

I would wait and see what Suzuki has to offer....

Be sure to say Hi at the races!! ;D
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com