Question about jetting

Started by o4250, June 14, 2005, 08:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o4250

Alright, so I just ordered a yoshimura power package. It comes with a full yoshirmura pipe, air filter, and jet kit. Here is my question (pretty dumb ;D) When I install the pipe, and the jet kit, will I still have to rejet it? If so, what do I do to rejet it?

Thanks. :)

Seabee

The jet kit has new jets in it. When you put the new jets in you carb, you have just "rejetted" it.
2005-Ford F150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
2004-Volkswagon Jetta GLI
2005-Honda Rancher 4x4
2003-Honda 3??ex, ATP'd

Chuck_Norris

there are 3 jets in the carb. the pilot jet which operates idle to part throttle, the needle which operates part throttle through the begining of WOT and then there is the Main Jet that is for WOT
wide open throttle. Typically all the quads come from the manufacture with a lean settings. upgrades with benefit both start ups through the operating range. Increasing Exhaust flow I would consider upping the main and droping the needle 1 clip position. increasing you pilot slightly may prove to be benifical also. I am running the Jet4Power system that tells me via a short range O2 my fuel mixture and then I jet accordingly

jon457

Quote from: o4250 on June 14, 2005, 08:12:04 PM
Alright, so I just ordered a yoshimura power package. It comes with a full yoshirmura pipe, air filter, and jet kit. Here is my question (pretty dumb ;D) When I install the pipe, and the jet kit, will I still have to rejet it? If so, what do I do to rejet it?

Thanks. :)

hey u just took my question thanks alot for posting it i have the same diffculties thanks o4250

WAKORB

YOU WILL NEED MORE AIR IN YOUR AIR BOX AND YOU STILL WANT TO  KEEP YOUR FILTER CLEAN SO DONT JUST RUN WITHOUT A LID. I HAVE GREAT EXPERANCE WITH MY EHS RACING OUTERWAERS PRESCREEN FILTER LID. IT STOPS MOST WATER AND DUST. CHECK OUT EHSRACING.COM OR LOOK FOR PREFILTERED AIRBOXES ON THE NET THERE OUTTHERE NOT SO EASY TO FIND BUT KEEP LOOKING

svtbolt04

Eric, go to cypress cycle, terry will hook you up.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

RaptItUp

EHS has lid kits that you install on your lid, for sale on  E-Bay for 40.00

WAKORB