after market exhaust

Started by gtnwood, June 07, 2005, 06:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtnwood

Can anyone tell me which pipe is better, HMF or BIG GUN? It will be goin on a Kodiak 450. Thanx
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

wheelie_boy

05 kx 250f

bigsteve

Check out first which one is going to give you the most gain in HP, low end ,mid range, and how high the db levels are. I think HMF runs alittle high in db levels. I could be wrong so just check for yourself.
"IT'S OK TO BE CRAZY! JUST DON'T LET IT DRIVE YOU INSANE!
04 CRF 80
05 LTZ 250
05 KFX 100
05 KFX700 (You know GREEN is faster so don't ask!)
03 Mojave
04 CRF 250
07 RMZ 250
05 DRZ 400

gtnwood

Thanx 4 yur input wheelie_boy and bigsteve. Im not worried about db so much as that can be adjusted I just want the most HP. Big Gun says they make 3.5 - 5 hp, HMF does not give HP gain.
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

Truegrit

HMF Utilities will give you the most HP. Average 5-6 HP YOu can push it up to 8-9  if you add a complete jet kit and high flow filter. The pipe produces around 106dbs at WOT, you can et the quiet core for them for $20 it will not noticably cut power but it will cut the noise down to 98dbs.

I love the sound and the power it added. It was well worth the money.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

gtnwood

Thanx Truegrit, I'm gonna do just that. By the way some one told me if I use a K&N I cant use a closed air box, which would cancel all the canal water crossings I do. Is that true. Thanx again, gtnwood
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

rubicon500kid

thats not true you can us a closed air box maby thats whit sports but not uti's
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Truegrit

Quote from: gtnwood on June 11, 2005, 11:57:42 AM
Thanx Truegrit, I'm gonna do just that. By the way some one told me if I use a K&N I cant use a closed air box, which would cancel all the canal water crossings I do. Is that true. Thanx again, gtnwood

WHAT?, I would stop talking with the person who told you that. They probably can't even tie their own shoes. That is simply ridiculas.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

qt314nfla

Quote from: gtnwood on June 11, 2005, 11:57:42 AM
Thanx Truegrit, I'm gonna do just that. By the way some one told me if I use a K&N I cant use a closed air box, which would cancel all the canal water crossings I do. Is that true. Thanx again, gtnwood

I've got a wolverine and use a K&N filter on it.  It's a closed air box.  Only thing I'm looking for is the cover to help keep it clean.  Haven't found one yet.

Since we're on the subject of pipes.  Thanks for the info.  I'm looking into a new pipe for mine.  Need low end increase in power just don't want any more noise than mine already produces.  Where can I find the db level of my current pipe so I can compare it to a new one?

Yamaha72

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Truegrit

HMF Ecosystem wil give you a couple (2-3) HP and was no louder than stock on my bike.  I think it was around 89-90 dbs at WOT.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

KXKID


Robert yfz

I would get the big gun thats what i have on mine
limited edition yfz 450
450 kodiak

jon457

hey i have asked the same question to dealers they all tell me the hmf but then again that is something they just tell me i could be wrong

Exmx54

I'd go with the HMF ecosystem for a utility. HMF's customer service is awsome, prices are more then reasonable, and I'm sure the power will be there, they make a dam nice pipe.