My Exciting weekend

Started by Chuck_Norris, July 09, 2005, 09:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck_Norris

I was loading up the YFZ and the Prairie to participate in the Memorial ride for Mikes Dad. The Kids asked to ride theirs in the back yard while I was loading the others up. a few minutes went by and I noticed that the little Arctic Cat was smoking  a bit more than normal. writing it off to a heavy oil mix, I started to Load up the Prairie on the trailer. as both of the kids rolled around from another pass I caught the horrifying glance of Flames from under the Arcticat. my son was non the wiser. I launched the Prairie off the trailer and Raced to my sons aid. I snatched him off the quad and pushed it into the Pond.
Initial evaluations have shown that the airfilter housing is what caught fire,Why is unclear  the plastics and the seat suffered some damage as well.
The hardest part is convincing him that it was not his fault. Mike, Melissa sorry for not getting there I hope all went well...
I'll post pics tomorrow when I futher evaluate the damage

lil_Mrs._Honda1

OMG ! Im glad the lil guy didnt get hurt !!!!!!
[url="//imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg"]imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg[/url]
APK400exRacer: [url="http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg"]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg[/url]

klutchbuster400

wow, sounds like a scary experience. glad everyones ok

Qdawg76

Glad to hear your son is ok. That is pretty scarry to realize that could happen.
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

dreth

tell them kids to down and stuff wont catch on fire ;) glad all is ok

Ida_Mann

you know, I was going so fast on my 400ex one time that my hair caught on fire


glad to hear everyone's OK.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Chuck_Norris

Thanks for the support KYle is doing great, Quad on the other hand is going to need some new plastics, airbox and some wiring repairs. all are do'able in time. It could have been worse.

TRX350_On_The_Rack

[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

gery350

thats gotta be a terrible feeling. to see your son in harms way and having to rush over to him. thank god no one was hurt
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com