If you had a choice on a 4x4 Quad

Started by 450R_Matt, December 11, 2004, 02:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

450R_Matt

Looking for some input on a 4x4 Quad. I like the Polaris 600 twin, the Suzuki Vinson 500, and the Kawasaki Prairie twin 700. Not sure about the Grizz. If you had a choice witch 1 and why....                  Thanks, Matt
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Thrasher

polaris 600, it's a monster! damn near unstopable! true 4x4, one of the highest ground clearances, smoooth riding, but it's a heavy mofo, but i think thats a good thing.

i may be partial to em because I have one :)
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

GregsRancher

All depends on how much money i suppose. i love my rancher 4x4 even tho its all time 4x4 there is the hi-lo kit which can change that. i love my bike
2003 Honda Rancher S 4x4

450R_Matt

We have a 2003 Rancher ES 4x4 and its a great bike but its a little under powered 4 me. Dont get me wrong it runs about 51 mph and you can still push it out your self when its stuck but im ready for a larger 4x4.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Kawa

If u were to buy a kawasaki like the praire 700 go for the new brute force 750 its nice from what i have seen already

Thrasher

the kawi's are monsters, especially the brute force. the front end's come up a lot easier than I would like tho.
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

yunt2ride

Check out the arctic cat 650 or the kawasaki brute force. The arctic cat has the highest ground clearance and longest wheel travel. Check out the specs.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

sk8r_dude

Check out the test in this months Dirt Wheels magazine, the Suzuki King Quad 700 came out on top of the Brute and the Polaris by a wide margin according to them. These magizines test mostly in California mountains. Our riding in Florida is very different so I always take what they say with a grain of salt.
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

RL400

you should look into the Suzuki Kingquad, its SUCH  nice bike.  but out of the ones on the list.
The Vinson.

Chuck_Norris

Dirt wheels did do a test on these bike but it boils down to what kind of riding you want to do and how mch Tim allen GRUNT you want in your step. My choice would be the Brute Force, will a nice set of Wheels and tires there is some mud pit begging to be tormented.

Redgrizzly660

#10
I have been looking to the new bikes too  the Vinson and King quad are all plastis in the front (no metal bumpers) , I know what I go through I wood have that all torn up in no time.
If I were in the market I would stay with the bikes with track record Honda,Yamaha. Polaris.(The big 3) My choice I would stay with the Grizzly,(I have over 3500 miles) or look into the Polaris 700

Grizz

bbf

i just pick up a bf and it out of control it not the best trail bike at top speed it wonders  i think i should of got a grizzly

meathead1

look at the arctic 500 manual highest ground cleareance in its class full independent susp. hi low locker i own three 4x4s check profile honda for dependibity. good luck, not a belt drive fan ,manual trans hard to break
ARCTIC 650
450 FOREMAN
500 quad runner

450R_Matt

I realy dont like the belt drives eather.  I was thinking real hard about the Vinson man trans.  I saw a Black one today wile riding out at Badluck and it was bad azz lookin. Also saw a Grizz and it was like a chery color red. Now that was a nice looking quad also.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

arctic_catmudrider

i would get the grizzly.  
1. it has the most ground clearence
2.it is the quickest of the group
3.it has lowrange 4wd
4.it has the most aftermarket accesorys available for it


   :o

vinsonguy

#15
I have a Suzuki Vinson LE 04'. My first 4x4. I love it. Has high and low range, auto, selectable 2 or 4 wheel drive. Does around 60 mph. Fairly easy to handle @ 600 #'s. I'm 140#'s.
2004 Suzuki Vinson 4x4 LE
25" ITP 589's
Warn 2.5

CamoPrairie

Kawasaki  - I've had a Prairie 360 for a year now and its been great. I would get a new Prairie or the new Brute.

NPRVinson

I have an '03 Vinson w/ over 1200 miles and no problems, handles well in the trails and does good in the mud also and has plenty of power. Check out the King Quad, it's awesome.

RnkOutlaw

Hey ive got a Forem 450 4x4 I have not had any problems with it, the reason hondas bikes run so well is that they are not belt driven. If you plan to go in any water, belt drives might give you a problem later on. The 450 in my opion is better than the 660 Rincon because the gears are lower. Actually Honda just came out w/a 500 which is suppose to have great low in gear ratio. If you dont have that low in gearing it could be some trouble turning the more agressive tires
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

CamoPrairie

Maybe I've been lucky but I've NEVER had my belt slip and I've had it coming over the head lights. I looked at a bunch of different bikes and the Kawasaki's seemed to have the least trouble. One thing, when you get older and more lazy you can't been that Automatic. I had a Foreman before the 360 and was great but it lacked a lot of the features like the locker, disc brakes, 2wd/4wd.

zin

QuoteLooking for some input on a 4x4 Quad. I like the Polaris 600 twin, the Suzuki Vinson 500, and the Kawasaki Prairie twin 700. Not sure about the Grizz. If you had a choice witch 1 and why....                  Thanks, Matt



Thats not even a fair fight. And I agree with almost everything that everyone typed...almost...  of these 3, just like every shootout its been in...the prairie is the boss... there are a couple new big guns out there... king quad looks nice and the reviews are great accross the board. Brute is a new bike, I almost bought one...but like cars, never buy the first run of a make. both kawi and zuki will definatly improve these models after the first year. anyone thats rode with me can tell ya, i have no mercy on my machine... and I've had to do alot of repairs.... i've been told by more than one member on here that I shoulda bought a Honda cause they are the toughest. I woulda, but they're to slowa$$ed!!!


here ya go..what are you into...
4x4's
Kawasaki...POWER
HONDA....Tough
Suzuki....Pretty
Yamaha...Pride
Bombardier(however you spell it)...Never seen a "guy" ride one
Artic Cat...No clue why we all don't own one of these beasts!
John Deer...LOL

:)

450R_Matt

#21
I appreciate all the reply's to the post. I can say that Im not a big fan of the belt drive (but) I have rode a Prairie, and a Polaris witch both have belts. The Kawi was damn fast but was to soft in the front. The Polaris has a realy comfortible seat but has cheep controlls and gauges. All along I have been a Honda rider but I have been looking around at the competition. As of now I keep looking at the Vinson. My brother-in-law has a 2004 that I rode and it was all around a very nice quad.

Suzuki Vinson 500
1. Pretty
2. Great power (thing has to go at least 60mph)
3. I like the manual trany
4. Stright axel (not too concerned with the ground clearance and it dosnt roll in the corners)
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Shotgun

If you are looking for bang for the buck, and money is an issue, take a look at the Eiger. If money isn't an issue then the King Quad.

J.D.

I'm a fan of the Arctic Cat 500 manual . It is a very well built bike , I had one up to 32  mph in some big whoops on the powerline at big scrub . It impressed me .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

amp

i have the arctic cat '05 650 v2 and it is as well built as any machine on the market. i would put it up against any 4x4 on the market! especally the popo 700. and to prove how confident cat is they include a two year warranty and a winch for $69. do you see anyone else with that deal...................crickets..............................hell no

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com