Racing @ Hendry Co. Speedway

Started by 450R_Matt, March 04, 2004, 05:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

450R_Matt

Well as far as I know looks like the #5 took the heat race and the #25 won the feature with #5...2nd and I think 7a was 3rd and 17 was 4th.... But dont hold me to that I was not there. Mabe someone could comfurm that. But one thing is for sure that #25 Honda has won 2 races in a row... ;)... congrats to Bill thats awsome! He also has the points lead. See yall fooseday.  
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

tat2mike

i got 2 19s for sale one 75% tread and one 100% tread brand new  the brand new one was grooved by rickhead let me know if anyone is interested
Formally tecatemike

2fast4u

That's the way the 2 stroke class ended up. My new found horsepower was of no use. It was a little slick in the practice and heat but it shaped up in the main. Don't forget the #45 400EX Jeremy has won all races except the ones I beat him with that 450R. He does a great job on that bike he will be even faster next time on his YFZ450!
go fast turn left any questions?

fastrthanu25

hey guys,been along time but im remodeling my house and have had little time to talk.anyway racin has been awsome at hcs. fast,fast,fast everyone gettin real good at ridin the track and stayin safe.lets keep it fun.after all thats why we do it. ;) :D

Z-Racer-5c

Well guys looks like the shee is out of commision for awhile. Found out today that the right side crank bearing has exploded. The only notification I got was a little rattle at idle. opened the basket side and ball bearings fell out. I thought it was running very well. The carbs needed a little re jetting and that made a big differance. Updates to follow. The KFX isn't running either so I guess I will not make the next race. I have to leave town for a week on Monday and will be back on Friday so I will make the race as a spectator but not to race.
Dennis
03 KFX-453- Dad
03 POLARIS MAGNUM 4X4- Mom

fastrthanu25

well looks like the 4strokers are going to have one more.just sold my extra set of tires to a guy with a suzuki 400z.he needs to get some rims, a kill switch, and nerfs and hell be there.

450R_Matt

Well its up in the air as of now. If the carb shows up for the car thats what im racing. If not ill bring the R out... Eather way ill see ya sat. 5/22/04  
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450R_Matt

Great race to all the quads sat. night. Fast race to with no cautions... Congrats to the #17 for the back to back heat and feature win. #5 held on to the 2nd spot and #25 came in 3rd. Look fun for all from where I was sitting. Man I want a win in the car and also want some fast flat trackin on the quad also. Mabe I will bring out the R When I get back.  
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Z-Racer-5c

OK all the Banshee is going back together. I need some additional info on tires. I will be running the same size rears. Does any one know if the AR tires are still the only tires we can use???? I need to get a set!!
Dennis
03 KFX-453- Dad
03 POLARIS MAGNUM 4X4- Mom

fastrthanu25

#134
yes z-racer the american racer tire is the only tire you can run at hendry.the a.r. is pretty much the best tire for the track in all around conditions.you can vary in the hardness or softness of the tire,but thats it.the best place to get the tire,that I know of is nacs racing.maybe someone else can help me out on that though. :-/

450R_Matt

The American Racer is the tire rule for the quads. This is the best tire for the track like the #25 said..There has been a couple of quads that have shown up with others like Hoosier but there is no exception. This is the one of the few rules we have. Bring the hp but have American racers. Also a little tip... Run a stagger set on the rear. Go fast! Turn left!  
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Z-Racer-5c

Thanks Guys,

  I should have both bikes ready for the next race?????????? We shall see! Is too much HP going to hurt me on this track?? I am debating on going to the t-rex power valve 525 with the 10mm stroker.Do you think it will be too much for the track??
Dennis
03 KFX-453- Dad
03 POLARIS MAGNUM 4X4- Mom

450R_Matt

Z-Racer... The turns are getting alot of rubber on them after a few races each night. It makes for a 1 line race gruve. Tim on the #1 Banshee has had some truble latley getting the power to the ground. To much gas in the corner will make you spin out if you have a lot of HP.. Come out and see what happens. All the guys are cool and they will give you some inside on how to get around at HCS.   ;)
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

2fast4u

Don't forget we race every 2nd and 4th sat. nite. The next race is on June 12th. I think too much HP's is bad espeacially when you are trying to dial in your setup. Spend money on a sway bar, tires and +2 axle and A-arms would help also. You might also think about a shorter swingarm. The best tip anyone can give you is concentrate on the corners not the straights. Oh and never forget you can't catch the #5 ;D
go fast turn left any questions?

Z-Racer-5c

Thanks for the input! I will try to remember not to catch # 5. I don't think I will catch anyone for a few weeks anyway. Need seat time.
Dennis
03 KFX-453- Dad
03 POLARIS MAGNUM 4X4- Mom

ONEslowEXer

 hey 1fast250r....
I think they should set up a class for us vintage 300ex riders
just thought I would suggest that
04 grizzly 660 Wetlands camo (Mine)
5.5in gorilla lift 29.5 x10 outlaws Hmf exhaust
Snorkeled Radiator relocated Outlaw clutch
Highlifter springs

02 Sportsman 400 Yellow Hers

88 suzuki Samurai (ours) 33" swampers 5:1 tranfercase
custom lift

fastrthanu25

hey 2fast,was that u on the #5 bike last sat.because if I remember correctly i caught u, oohhh did i catch u I just could'nt pass u but, theres next time. ;)

450R_Matt

Hey ONEslowEXer, Im sure some of the guys on the 4 strokes wont mine racing you in reverse  ;D ...lol..  but serious there are not to many that have less then 300cc out there. Also now your making big $ its time to step up to a big boys quad..  ;) mmmm mabe a 450R.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

ONEslowEXer

Big money huh!!! you must of forgotten who I work for...
I'm more likley to enter old ford #35 in the bomber Utility van class..... hey he said no side jobs not no dirt oval racing
04 grizzly 660 Wetlands camo (Mine)
5.5in gorilla lift 29.5 x10 outlaws Hmf exhaust
Snorkeled Radiator relocated Outlaw clutch
Highlifter springs

02 Sportsman 400 Yellow Hers

88 suzuki Samurai (ours) 33" swampers 5:1 tranfercase
custom lift

450R_Matt

Man just stack everything on the left side and bring it out... I bet that old ford will take the beaumont van.... ooops. I mean 17_UP_FRONT..hehe
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

xatvs

If anybody is interested I have a full FT set-up for sale for a Honda. 4 Tires, on .190 rims, rear tires will need to be replaced soon. Fronts are like new. New Dura Blue SwayBar and lowering kit. Will run you about $800 new, will take $500. I also have a set of front works triple rates, if you are between 175-210lbs, they will really stiffen up your front end and resist corner roll. Those for $200. email me if interested xatvs@yahoo.com.
86/88 250R MX

450R_Matt

Give ATV's Only a call Im sure someone might be intrested.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

fastrthanu25

hey guys i dont know about anyone else but i have a bad itch under my right thumb.by this time tomorrow i'll be taking a first place trophy home ;D

17_UP_FRONT

HEY fastrthanu25 NICE TROPHY [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] DID YA WORK HARD FOR IT? KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK [smiley=Wink.gif]

2fast4u

 [smiley=Clap.gif]We are finally going to get a race in this time. June 26th is the next event. The June 12th rainout has been moved to the first available date which is July 31st. Racing will continue every 2nd and 4th week of each month with 2 weeks in a row at the end of July. I hope the track is good but i'm sure alot of water is going to make for a different race surface. Heard that it was bumpy last week. 50 lap Bomber race this weekend should be alot of cars from thundercross.(I better bring the camper that could take all night) I'm going to have to loose that pesky #25. I can't ride behind him because I can't see around that big ole head he's getting. At least the #17 gets up on 2 wheels so I can see past him. Whatever Happened to #18? I heard he took off all the race gear and retired to a slower vehicle. A Bomber car? Do those guys even have to wear helmets? I think it will be a good race so if you have big horsepower, big tires, A big wallet or just a big ass JUST BRING IT!!    JUST    BRING    IT!!
go fast turn left any questions?

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com