The Lawyer and The United Way

Started by TRX350_On_The_Rack, June 29, 2005, 03:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRX350_On_The_Rack

The United Way realized that it had never received a donation from the
city's most successful lawyer.

So a United Way volunteer paid the lawyer a visit in his lavish office.
The volunteer opened the meeting by saying, "Our research shows that even
though your annual income is over two million dollars, you don't give a
penny to charity. Wouldn't you like to give something back to your
community through the United Way?"
The lawyer thinks for a minute and says, "First, did your research also  show
you that my mother is dying after a long, painful illness and she has huge
medical bills that are far beyond her ability to pay?"
Embarrassed, the United Way rep mumbles, "Uh... no, I didn't know that."
"Secondly," says the lawyer, "my brother, a disabled veteran, is blind and
confined to a wheelchair and is unable to support his wife and six children."
The stricken United Way rep begins to stammer an apology, but is cut off  again.
"Thirdly, did your research also show you that my sister's husband died  in
a dreadful car accident, leaving her penniless with a mortgage and three
children one of whom is disabled and another has learning disabilities  requiring an array of private tutors?"
The humiliated United Way rep, completely beaten, says, "I'm sorry, I had no idea"

And the lawyer says,
So... if I didn't give any money to them, what in the hell makes you think I'd ever give any to you?"
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

bigscrub79

[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

apkkfx400


jbbj220

Lawyers, the main reason everything cost so much. Everything is about liability to them.  ???

   Jim,

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com