Badluck ride, day after X-mas, 12-26-04

Started by Azzman, December 07, 2004, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azzman

A group of us will be out at Badluck the day after X-mas, Sunday the 26. We will be camping Sunday night. Everybody is welcome.

jahaiap

where do you camp, what should i look for... ill be on a 400ex, with a sportsman, maybe another 400 or a grizzley, and a buggy, or two.
07 Rhino 660 SE

Azzman

You can camp anywhere you find an open place, we camp off the side of everglades rd. There is a clearing in hte trees. We will be with a large group of Honda 4x4's I think a couple of buggies might be going as well.

jahaiap

yeah, i camp out there all the time, what street do you camp near?
07 Rhino 660 SE

daMan

Don't camp out there. The cops write tickets on people who dont camp in the campground. $50 for the campsite and $50 for the fire. I saw the guy in the blazer 4x4 give a guy a ticket a few months ago.

jahaiap

i camp out there about every other weekend, our campsite is way off the beaten trail, just do camp in the open like an idiot... :P
07 Rhino 660 SE

dj_pizzim

where is badluck? Is it a good place to bring younger riders that dont have alot of experince?  What is it like trails, pits, hills, or mud?
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

jahaiap

there are  a lot of trails, a big area called the prairie with a lot of mud in it, not really any hills, not much sand, and a few large fields for younger guys to cruise around in. if you want to go you better go soon. its supposedly closing shortly after the first of the year. its in the golden gate estates area of naples. if you can find a map of naples look for everglades blvd. its at the south end of that road. it more of less starts rigth when you cross the i-75 overpass, but its mainly the last 1/4 or 1/3 of everglades blvd after you pass over 75.
07 Rhino 660 SE

slammed100

#8
are they still requiring permits to ride in badluck???????

MudModel

This is probably a stupid question, I am new here so I think I can ask those... but why is it called badluck?
2001 Polaris 500HO

budman

#10
QuoteThis is probably a stupid question, I am new here so I think I can ask those... but why is it called badluck?
Not a stupid question.... I really don't know why, but this is part of my post from my last ride there....it's MY reason....

Great time, great pics, but it was in the cards that I not go.....My Jeep dies friday nite,... going to pick up Laura and Mudbug in the Budvan, some broad jumps the median and nearly gets me head -on,....forgot the lunch goodies at home and had to improvise, had a blast Saturday though, Sunday went back to the prarie to git down and durty again,....got a flat, and left the fix a flat in the truck, ....and Laura's truck loses oil pressure at the Mobile station on I-75 35 miles from home, wheeeeeee  what a time! Can't wait to go back, but don't know how I will tow the trailer.
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

MudModel

holy cow - I understand - a well deserved name..
2001 Polaris 500HO

budman

Oh, I forgot...found out that I had a broken frame on the bike when I off loaded it from riding there   >:(
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Chris505

#13
Is there a name for the campground??
# website????  any info
is badluck the same a big cypress???
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

GreggT

Chris,
Badluck is not Big Cypress. Badluck is a part of the Squares (or Blocks) north of Big Cypress. Great place to ride. We'll be out there Christmas weekend and New Years weekend because they are supposed to begin to enforce a no ride rule after the new year. Badluck prairie is wet lands, so it's a mudder's paradise. The squares is dry trails.
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

Chris505

So are there any campgrounds out there???
Or like it said above you just find a open area to camp????

05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

GreggT

There is a camping area. It is a large area, so often people just camp wherever they choose. Since they are coming down on us, it would be best to stay in the camping area for now.
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

450R_Matt

Looks like we will be riding out there also on Sunday weather permiting. 2 Honda 4x4's Red and Green.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450R_Matt

QuoteDon't camp out there. The cops write tickets on people who dont camp in the campground. $50 for the campsite and $50 for the fire. I saw the guy in the blazer 4x4 give a guy a ticket a few months ago.

As for the camping at the T-canal...Piss on that and all the Idiots on the dirt road with no respect and the guns shootin in the canal.... >:(  Come give me the ticket it will be worth it for the last few weeks we can ride out there ..
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Toomey

Any of you guys going to be there on Monday or Tuesday?
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

RnkOutlaw

Azzman how do if i can go how do I get there from homestead?
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

450R_Matt

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com