Riding Double (Holeylands + Big Cypress)

Started by Gamer, June 25, 2005, 12:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamer

I just recently purchased a rear seat that attaches to the back rack on my ATV.  I bought an expensive one that will make it safe for my son Brandon who is only 4.  It has a high back and side plastic walls that will prevent him from falling out.  Of course he will be wearing a helmet.  The two places that I will mostly be going is Holeylands and Big Cypress.  I could not find any rule on FWC's website about riding double at Holeylands.  I've seen people doing it out there with this seat which is the reason I bought it.  Big Cypress does have a no double riding rule but it only said for ATC's.  If anyone has anymore info about this please let me know.  Thanks.

Robert4570

#1
"Big Cypress does have a no double riding rule but it only said for ATC's.  " GAMER.

Holey Land.
We ride double all the time and hav ebeen seen by FWC . They've never said anything regarding the subject.

Big Cypress.
The no double riding rule also applies to 4 wheelers.
As you know no one under 16 can operate a vehicle and those that are eligible must have an ORV operators permits..

MuddyGurl101

You are allowed to ride double at Holey Lands as long as everyone under 16 has a helmet
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

Gamer

Thanks for the info.  Its kind of ridiculous that Big Cypress does not allow double riding considering the fastest you can go is 15 mph.  I guess there trying to make it as hard as possible for you not to bother going out there with an ATV.  What do they tell people that purchase ATV's that are designed to have double riders with two seats?

Anoriginal

If the bike is designed for double riders, they allow it.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com