Atv Toy for Tots

Started by jwscroll, June 25, 2005, 06:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwscroll

I need to know how many people would want to do this. The ride location will be determined when we see how many people we have.
It deosn't take much to brighten a childs Christmas, and I get the feeling that just about everyone here would not have a problem buying a toy for a deserving child.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

TRX450R_Racer

Depending on when I'm in. If I can't make the ride I will gladly send a toy.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

spacerider

I WANT IN !!!     Let me know when and where and I will get Susieblazer and her crew too
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

dreth


PureLogic

Me and my wife are in. I am pretty sure allot of south Floridians are In too. I will try to get the word out. Thanks jwscroll For your hard work in trying to get this together.
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

qt314nfla

Whether I can make the ride or not I'm in for the donation. 

lil_Mrs._Honda1

me to even  if we cant make the ride I would definate donate some toys. We adopt a family every year for xmas thru the salvation army , giving kids a great christmas is a gift in itself there is no better feeling !
[url="//imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg"]imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg[/url]
APK400exRacer: [url="http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg"]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg[/url]

jwscroll

Remember folks, there's ride time in it for you. Probably Ocala. Great excuse for getting outta the house, who's gonna say no riding for the kids, not many wives I know. ;)
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

dirty1

me and the wife are in too, just post a when and where...
foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000

rubicon500kid

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

jwscroll

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

PureLogic

JWScroll your south Florida riders would love to contribute but Ocala would be an extreme challenge for us. Would it be acceptable for us to put our own one together and send you the toys?
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

jwscroll

I was thinking about how to get every one envolved in the actual ride part of it. I need a venue in S.Fla. like the Holeylands or maybe Croom (not my favorite but acceptable) in order to plan a ride.
I would also like to do more than one ride, maybe one or two of the ATVFlorida rides could be /toy rides. And I'm not talking about the most expensive toys on the market either, but I would like to ask that we go no lower than $10 or so.
As soon as I hear back from the Corp Reserves on where to take the donated toys, I'll work on the ride's.
Options for locations that I know of are as follows:
Ocala
Croom
5A (provided it's still open at ride time)
The Holeylands (S.Fla)
Any other locations would probably be to small, but if I missed any feel free to chime in. Any good ideas on getting everybody some ride time for their donation are more than welcome.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

spacerider



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jw - Let me know what I can do I, I am in the naval reserve and knows someone who works for h-d here. I want to ride for the kids , how about getting those bracelts made up like they would say ATV TOYS 4 TOTS  or maybe t-shirts made up too or maybe call the local newspaper and let them know also pick a date and run with it , I know things come up but you can please everyone all the time but I will make every effort I can to do the run and help you out , just let me know 
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

jwscroll

I like the T-shirt Idea, but you'd have to buy it yourself as funding for this project is minimum at best. If there is a high interest in that let me know and I'll talk to someone I know about some basic designs.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

spacerider

jw - I will ask around and keep my eyes open on the t-shirt idea , what kind of design and do you like the braclet thing idea as well    that might be cheaper to do as well     let me know

Spacerider
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

jwscroll

I know where to get the shirts for cheap, but like I said funding is coming out of my pocket so keeping it cheap and as uncomplicated as possible is a high priority. (Keep it simple stupid).
Remember what our objective is, toys for the kids and draw attention to the plight of all atver's losing riding land.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

jbbj220

I am in depending on date and place.

   Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

jwscroll

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

spacerider

jw - Let me know what I can do I, I am in the naval reserve and knows someone who works for h-d here. I want to ride for the kids , how about getting those bracelts made up like they would say ATV TOYS 4 TOTS  or maybe t-shirts made up too or maybe call the local newspaper and let them know also pick a date and run with it , I know things come up but you can please everyone all the time but I will make every effort I can to do the run and help you out , just let me know

If you need additional help on my end let me know....if you get the shirts made up you got 4 sold already
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

jwscroll

Okay, after some research I have found a way to do this. I need a South Fla. represenative to help organize and collect at the south Fla. rides. I can handle the Ocala rides.
The toys have to be donated thru the local Toys for Tots coordinator in order for it to be approved by their organization( Ocala toys to Ocala, S. Fla. toys to Miami or Hialea.)
I figure on running one ride per month starting in Aug. at the Rodman run and ending in Nov.. The following month an event will be held in south Fla.. This is where the S.Fl. coordinator could be of great assistance as I am not familiar w/S. Fla. riding areas.
I have a storage unit here in Brevard that can be made available fo storing the toys.
The toys should be new, unwrapped, and undamaged, and please nothing less than $10.
As I said I will be planning a ride per month for Aug., Sep., Oct., and Nov. alternating between South Fla. and Ocala with the first ride being Aug. 6.
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out, I know that with your help we can do a great thing for the kids who need it.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com