Close one/ Updated

Started by 05greengriz, June 22, 2005, 12:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05greengriz

Well I spent monday night and all day tuesday until 10pm in the hospital. Here's how it started, me and my wife were laying down monday evening getting ready for bed. I knew that something wasn't right so I just kept kind of quiet. I didn't want to bother my wife because she had worked hard all day long and were tired herself. Finally my chest was starting to tighten up pretty bad and my it started getting harder and harder to breath. I jumped out of bed and told my wife lets go to thre hospital, I can hardly breathe and my chest is really tight. We get into the truck and the hospital is only 5 minutes away, so we get to the hospital I jump out run inside and tell the security guy where you sign in at that I need help, I can hardly breathe and my chest is very tight. He rattles off to me some numbers that make no sense at all to me and I just stare at him dumbfounded. Then he again loudly says the date is ...... and the time is ...... I then said screw you and walk out to meet my wife and says to her we aren't going here. The next hospital is 12 min away, by this time my upper body is so tight that when we get to the next hospital i walk into the ER and say I NEED HELP, I can hardly breathe and everything is really tight. Needless to say they take me right back and hook the monitors up. The EKG showed I had some Qwaves and said that I was going to be admitted. I get the X-ray, cat scan, aspirin, nitro patch etc and then wheeled up to my room. Turns out my heart is fine, they said my muscle enzymes were high, my liver felt enlarged and a few other things. So, I pretty much have to start eating a whole different way as for I don't eat the best of things, no more copenhagen, alot less beer and all of that. But hey, at least I will be around to watch my son grow up and continue to sink my quad and continue my aviation career. One last thing, my wife I love her even mor than I ever did, she never left my side and slept right along side of me in that comfy chair :), I really owe her alot.
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

gery350

great to still have you here. at 29 you must of really been eating crappy to go through that stuff at such a young age.(unless its genetic)
eat right and exercise and you'll feel great. but one bit of advice- educate yourself on what foods to eat and why. when you realize the crap that some foods have and how bad they are for you. you will think twice about sticking it in your mouth. KNOWLEDGE IS YOUR BEST WEAPON.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Hope you feel better
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

kawGIRL

Wow be glad it wasn't your heart  :o

We have had a few of those ER experiences with Jeff, but it turned out to be a Hiatal Hernia which simulates a Heart Attack.  But you never know until they do the blood work  :( Very Scary what they do when they think your having a Heart attack  :(

It's tough changing your diet and way of life, Good Luck  ;)

Feel Better Soon  :)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

renmus

Be serious with your health.  It is not fun to lose it.

Chuck_Norris


BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

05greengriz

Thanks a lot everyone, I'm not much on prayers, but I do believe in the lord. I think I will talk to the man upstairs a little more than I did!! Everytime I ate all that good greasy stuff I kept tellin myself ah it'll be alright. I have never been so scared in my life and will definately change my ways and habits ;)
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Da_Mtg_Man

Glad to hear you're going to be ok.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

jbbj220

Glad to hear that you are OK. Take care of yourself.

   Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

SkyHighT100

Glad to hear that everything is alright! I cant imagine how scary that would be. It's awesome that your wife was there with you every bit of the way as well. It is hard going through something like that... always makes it easier not to have to do it alone. I know if something were to ever happen to Scooter (knock on wood) I would be there every step of the way... hope he feels the same, lol ;)

Glad things are going well... goodluck with the diet change.. the hardest part is breaking old habits.. but you CAN do it ;)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

05greengriz

I'm taking my last dip of snuff right now. I just got to keep tellin myself that it is the right thing to do. Thanks for all the support.
                             
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

qt314nfla

Glad you are doing well and it was only a scare.  Definately a great thing to have your spouse by your side.
Doc B

susieblazer


Hey glad you are doing ok..........similar incident on the shortness of breath and chest tightening, but it was just from anxiety and stress................take care now...........
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

eric

Greengriz praise God your ok bro. Say I  hear riding your quad is real good exercise looks like you gotta hit the trails even more now ;)

05greengriz

Quote from: eric on June 23, 2005, 01:37:49 AM
Greengriz praise God your ok bro. Say I  hear riding your quad is real good exercise looks like you gotta hit the trails even more now ;)
I couldn't think of a better way to exercise myself  ;D
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

05greengriz

Well I got a call from the dr's office today and she said that my muscle enzyme's are back to normal, my liver blood work test showed improvment and that my tryglicerites (sp) and cholesterol are a little high for my age. Other than that I have been tobacco less for six days and bud light less for 7 days >:(. Thursday A.M. I have a appt. to have my liver, bladder etc. sonogramed.
Once again thanks everyone for the support,
                                Art Shiver aka 05greengriz
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Da_Mtg_Man

#17
Sounds like you're on your way to better health. Glad to hear things are looking better.
As far as the quiting the tobacco, You have more will power than me, I've quit 5 or 6 times, Today.







FLORIDA MUD RIDER

05greengriz

I am proud of myself on the tobacco gimmick, the first 2 days were bad , now I don't miss it at all  :)
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

bigscrub79

Hey man keep it up, makes me think i might need to stop smokin.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Chillinthemost

Dang, Art I just read this. A scare like that makes you realize what  the most important things in life are. Quiting tobacco was one of the hardest things I ever did too, but I am so glad I did. Glad you're alright, call me when you're ready to ride. Matt.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Harley_Honey

Quote from: 05greengriz on June 28, 2005, 07:41:55 PM
Well I got a call from the dr's office today and she said that my muscle enzyme's are back to normal, my liver blood work test showed improvment and that my tryglicerites (sp) and cholesterol are a little high for my age. Other than that I have been tobacco less for six days and bud light less for 7 days >:(. Thursday A.M. I have a appt. to have my liver, bladder etc. sonogramed.
Once again thanks everyone for the support,
                                Art Shiver aka 05greengriz
Glad to hear things are coming around for you,

dreth

kep up the good work! LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.......die or ride your quad! i choose my quad ;) plus thats more money for quad parts ;)

shulco

take it from someone who has been there on the hart thing. it's a lot less painful to do without the tobaco and the greasey food than it is to get your chest back to reasonabel pain free ater it is opened up and they play inside it.  it's been over 2 years and mine still hurts if I lift to much or get to trired
I'm happy for you that you are going to be ok  listen to your doc and do as he says.
Sorry to be preaching at you , tack care and good luck

05greengriz

I had my first subway sandwich today, I didn't get all the fixin's but it wasn't bad ;D
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com