Boyscout Found (Thanks ATVers)

Started by SkyHighT100, June 21, 2005, 06:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyHighT100

I was just in the living room watching a bit of the news with my mom. We were watching the CBS National News at 6:30. There was a reporter covering the story about the boyscout being found. When she was asked the question "Who found him and how" she replied back with "A group of people on ATVs found him". WOW! I never thought I would see the day when something GOOD was actually said about us... on NATIONAL news even, lol.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

speedman8903

wow dats good, dats a good thing said bout our sport. chris aka speedman
05 brute sold

08 brute
10' CATVOS lift
29.5 w/itp ss212 all blk
mimb snorkles
epi clutch kit
rilla rad relocated
and much more!!!

o4250

Quote from: speedman8903 on June 21, 2005, 06:58:55 PM
wow dats good, dats a good thing said bout our sport. chris aka speedman

>:(

Chuck_Norris


bigb

i'm estatic the little tike is alright!
accepting donations in the form of a quad.

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

o4250


singleshot

2003 Prairie 650
2003 Sportrax 250EX
2003 100 & 90 Extreme

LakeMaryKid

even better his interview was with a helmet ON
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Njoutlaw88

They allow us to ride when we can help them

raptor426

I think that it was ironic that the boy was a cubscout and got lost in the woods.
2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

gery350

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

kawGIRL

There are many ATV Clubs that do search and rescue, our club in Grant does for the Brevard County Sheriff's Dept, if I did not live 2 hours away I would sign up for it  :-\
Maybe ATVFlorida can organize something so any County/City/Town can use our resources? Give all the Countys in Florida a couple of key cell numbers and emails.
And maybe a have an area on the forum for 911 Search & Rescue.
Just a thought  ;)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

SkyHighT100

I love that idea! Not only would it allow us to help people, but it would help give us a good name as well. We could work out a "We'll help you search if you help us ride" deal, lol :) I love the idea of helping in searches... especially when it can be broken down to a city/county level... there are definately enough of us here to do that!!

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

kawGIRL

We need to research this a bit, I found a list of Phone Numbers and Fax Numbers.......
 
http://www.flsheriffs.org/sheriffslist.pdf

http://www.flsheriffs.org/meet.htm

We need to come up with a flyer/slogan or something and fax or email every County.  I do graphics I should be able to come up with something.

Need more input from others to see if they are willing to get involved?
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Moose

kawGIRL, I'm in, sounds like a great idea.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com