Camping at Croom

Started by Patriot, June 19, 2005, 03:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

How is the camping at Croom?
Are there bathroom facilities, and water hookup, any idea of the price?  thanks for the info, looking to go next weekend.

Thanks for the info!!!!

qt314nfla

Camp ground has full water and power hookup if you have an RV.  No pets though.  Showers aren't bad.  Get in early if you want a hot shower.  Some of the idiots out there take 45 minute showers like they are at home and run the hot water out.  Toilets have been clean everytime I've been there.  Last year the cost of camping was 12/night I think.

No riding after dark, no riding double, helmets mandatory.  I like the riding there are some good pits there w/ as technical riding as you want....well for Florida anyway.  Down side, whoops.  You'll need to have your titles w/ you.  They just started the new season of registration.  You have to register everything you bring in even if you don't plan on riding it.  Well, if it leaves the trailer it must be registered.

SWAMP_DONKEY

#2
QT, SOUNDS LIKE A PAIN, IS IT WORTH IT??

[attachment deleted by admin]

qt314nfla

I didn't get mine registered there last year.  I will be registering it this year though.  It's worth it if you are going to go more than once.  For me it's not too bad since I only have one quad and I'm the only one riding.  It can get expensive for families though.  So at $50/bike to go only once would be a waste.

I live about an hour and a half from there now so it's much more feasable to go play.  I also have friends that go there all the time.  The longer you hold off on registering the more they prorate the admission.  It's not as good as it use to be though.

I like the camp ground and have enjoyed going everytime I've been.  It's up to you if you think it's worth it.  I can say that having a hot shower at the end of the day is nice when you camp the whole weekend.

SWAMP_DONKEY

YEA I LOVE CAMPING AS WELL, BOUGHT A 30 FT TRAVEL TRAILER LAST MONTH FOR CAMPING AND RIDING. YOU ARE SSOOO RIGHT ABOUT THE SHOWERS ;D

eiger_man

when did they start the no 2 up riding .me and the wife have rode many times on one quad.is this something new?
2006 Camo Suzuki Eiger
Maxxis Bighorns
Ricochet Skid Plates

2002 Red Suzuki Eiger
Mud Lites
Ricochet Skid Plates
FMF Pro Line Exhaust
2500 Warn Winch

qt314nfla

I'm not sure but I know that as of this year you can't ride 2.  I heard it's been that way for years but that they weren't enforcing it before.  I know they are enforcing it now.

Moose

I have never camped there, but heard it's nice. The only draw back is, you better lock your quads up real good, they have been stolen while people slept nearby. Not often thank GOD, but it happens.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

qt314nfla

Yeah I've heard the same thing about stolen quads.  Actually, I've heard of entire rigs being stolen.  I think that was from the hotel though.  I'll still go.  I'll just be extra careful.  There are very inexpensive alarms for them now.  So that's another thought.

hammerhead2

The first time we camped there, we were checking in at the ranger station when a guy came running up to report that two of his dirt bikes had been stolen over night. This guy had all of his bikes locked up with Kryptonite locks and his tent was only a few feet from his bikes. I couldn't believe that these thieves had the b@lls to pull that off. A few minutes later one of the bikes had been located. Evidently it fell out of the black Lincoln Navigator that the thieves were driving. We knew what they were driving because someone came forward later that day who saw them driving off. They mustn't have been able to close the hatch all the way with the bikes in back. The rangers said they had been having a lot of thefts. They said that these guys were pros and they were probably exporting the bikes. That was a couple years ago. Hopefully those guys got what they deserved by now. The camp ground at Croom is very nice, just make sure your insurance is paid up.
Bill

susieblazer

 sounds good and we are going to register all ours the end of this month.......but we gotta camp elsewhere cuz we bring our "fur babies" too............
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy