Extended Warranties-Yes or No?

Started by apkkfx400, June 14, 2005, 02:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apkkfx400

Almost started a poll, but I haven't missed them.  So, what do y'all think about extending the factory warranty-The time is almost here for my factory warranty to expire and still have not made up my mind.  I work for service in an automotive dealership and recommend them for vehicles, but only because of the expensive components that can potentially fail.  I buy mostly all maintainance/replacement parts from my selling dealer I bought the quad from, but service it myself-didn't know if this could void the (extended) warranty also.  On top of that I was curious if anyone has had a problem under warranty and what is the turn around as far as time goes to get it back-I'm sure it also depends on the dealer, but just trying to get some outside influence on this decision.

gery350

NEVER BELIEVED IN THEM. YOU USUALLY GET  A FACTORY WARRANTY ANYWAY.  WHEN I HAVE BOUGHT I NEVER USED IT. I WOULDNT GET IT.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

rubicon500kid

get it just in case sum thing happins i got it on my bike and my mom and my moms bike broke 4 days after we took it home
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

backinsaddle

I would say that depends on how comfortable you are at fixing the quads yourself.  The law of averages says that you probably won't have a problem, and will spend a bunch of money on a warranty you never use.  However, if the machine breaks, and you can't fix it, you'll wish you would have bought the warranty.  That's how the warranty underwriter makes money, they're counting on the fact that only a small percentage will have warranty claims, which will be paid for by all those other people that bought warranties and will have no problem.  Only you can make that decision.

TRX350_On_The_Rack

If you drive like me..........Get the warranty! :)
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

PaulyV500

I bought a new kawi brte force and bought the extended warranty for 550.00 and it covers the the quad for 4 additional years.  I have had a new fan switch 4 different oil leaks,  a tie-rod,  suspension bolts, carb work, and heat shield all done in one year and cost me 0.00.  If you are gonna keep it get the warranty.
2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV

gtnwood

The problem with A.T.V. warranties let alone extended warranties is you are still at the dealers mercy. If THEY feel it, the defect or broken part is due to abuse I.E. immersion in water etc... chances are they might not cover it. So much for the extended warranty. >:(
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: gtnwood on June 14, 2005, 05:12:32 PM
The problem with A.T.V. warranties let alone extended warranties is you are still at the dealers mercy. If THEY feel it, the defect or broken part is due to abuse I.E. immersion in water etc... chances are they might not cover it. So much for the extended warranty. >:(

True, but I've found you just have to find the right mechanic. Usually a 12-pack will get the mechanic on your side.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

gtnwood

Thats true, however a 12 pack just might get your brake pads put on backwards Jus kiddin.
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

Gamer

I would say no.  Waste of money.  They sell them because there making money on them.  I used to buy warranties and when I actually had to use it I've had nothing but hassels.  This apply's to cars too.

backinsaddle

#10
As soon as my wifes explorer hit 40,000, the transmission went bad.  extended warranty covered it, no questions asked.  And I had only paid $1,000 for the policy when I bought the car back in 2000.  Maybe I got lucky  :-\

96 warrior

it depens on the dealer, the one by me if you go through mud they will blame all the problems on that and the warrantie dosent do any good 
96 (and a 98) warrior

ish

Quote from: 96 warrior on June 17, 2005, 09:07:19 AM
it depens on the dealer, the one by me if you go through mud they will blame all the problems on that and the warrantie dosent do any good 

and i will tell them to stop selling all terrain vehicles. then i will call the manufacturer and give them a peice of my mind. by the time i am finished they will never try to pull that again.
[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]www.ATVMiaXtreme.com[/url]
[url="http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg"]http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com