lightening a flywheel

Started by Seabee, June 14, 2005, 08:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabee

Has anyone ever lightened a flywheel on a 300EX? If so, how do you do it?
2005-Ford F150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
2004-Volkswagon Jetta GLI
2005-Honda Rancher 4x4
2003-Honda 3??ex, ATP'd

TRX450R_Racer

#1
I have had flywheels lightened before when I used to ride a 250R. It has to be but in a lathe and machined down.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Chuck_Norris

I can mount it on a brake lathe weight  it before and after, I know that the YFZ if to light with create deflection. anything more the -6 degrees

PureLogic

You usually turn a fly wheel when ever you do a clutch job on some cars and large trucks. Take it to a machine shop that is reputable and they should be able to turn (cut) it with precision.
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

Smoknbanshee

PM yamahondaman....he turns down flywheels all the time, and his work is clean...he is the man...he has made custon engine mounts, struts, turned my flywheel, and everything... most of the guys at saltsdale are running his custom made struts...
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!