Scout Ride II

Started by jjamesbar, May 05, 2005, 06:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qt314nfla

Quote from: redtree511 on June 11, 2005, 09:29:54 AM
This is lame..  9:30 and the sun is shining in Tampa.  I did not think it would stop pouring like it was this morning when I was getting ready to leave. 

How about Sunday...anyone up for something tomorrow??

Sorry man we rode 77 miles and wore our butts out.  I don't think anyone that went on todays Hardcore ride will be doing any riding tomorrow.  You should have come up.  It was a good ride.

jjamesbar- thanks for leading the ride!  Had too much fun.  I'm going to be sore for days.  You are hell on wheels.

jjamesbar

the map and our route

[attachment deleted by admin]
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

ride stats

miles: 77.9
moving hours: 4:45
stopped hours: 3:22
average moving speed: 16.4mph
total trip time 8:08
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

thanks ida for allowing us to start at your cabin and thanks chillinthemost for letting us drop fuel at your place and rebuilding that carberator for wilberz in the woods.
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

qt314nfla

Chillilnthemost, I forgot to drop you a thanks your wife's hair tie.

Jeff, how could we have only averaged 16 mph?  We were hauling butt through quite a bit of it.  Must have been some of the water and technical riding that slowed the avg down.

Still a great ride. I'm not as sore as I had thought I would be.  Maybe it's still working on kicking in.

Bigscrb15

we need a scout ride II part 2.lol so all of us that missed it can go. I really wanna ride that route!
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

jjamesbar

Quote from: QT314Nfla on June 12, 2005, 11:18:42 AM
how could we have only averaged 16 mph?  We were hauling butt through quite a bit of it.  Must have been some of the water and technical riding that slowed the avg down.

it was all the water trails and negotiating the downed trees and riding in the pits at eurika dam. on a fast paced ride ive done with only one other rider we averaged like 22 or 23mph. its kind of suprising when you look back on it. the slow parts eat up the most time. and the whooped up trails dont help.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

shulco

Like to thank Ida for his hospitality. and a big thanks for those that help me get into my truck and get it started.( that stupid mistake will not happen again)
 

wilburz

first I would like to thank Ida for letting Dakota and I crash at the crib last night. We played some poker and watched a couple of episodes of South Park.  Big ups to Ida-man!

I got home around 11:30 am, unloaded my stuff, watched a little NASCAR and would have to say my head is ready to fall off my neck and my back is tweaked! Other than that I am fine.

Damn carb was draining fuel like a stuck pig. Good thing  Chillin was on hand. I would not take a carb apart while sitting on a sand trail 1/4 mile from idas. Was ready to turn back becuase I had wasted 20 or so minutes trying to drain what ever was stuck out of the bowl while everyone I had just met was watching. I know Jeff was probably freakin. Chillin took the carb apart, pulled a piece of metal out of the bowl, put it back together and off we went like bats out of hell. I really had no idea what to expect since most of my riding had been at ms&g and I was in for a real treat.  I knew it would be a long trip but most of the forest was a blurr. I would hate to know what a Dreath fast ride is like. Kept thinking my Ozark was going to blow a head gasket. Oh well I had a great time and met a lot of nice people. Thanks QT, Larry, Jeff, Ida, Matt and a few others that I cannot remember. I will post some pics tommorow. Did not have much time for pictures. Also would like to thank Larry for the fuel and Chillin for the drop spot. I really don't kow what Jeff was eating that day but the man can ride. I will be working out over the summer, doing alot of 12 oz. curls and will be ready for the next ride. Might even upgrade to a 300 cc bike. Thanks again.   
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

jjamesbar

just a little perspective, here is the route we took last year on the first scout ride. we rode 160 miles.

[attachment deleted by admin]
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Chillinthemost

I just want to thank Ida for the parking spot and jjames for being an excellent guide, the man knows his way around the forest and rides the poo poo out of that bike of his. I offered to trade bikes with him but he declined. Probably a good thing, that guy on a YFZ would be hard to keep up with. 
  Try as they might though they couldn't drown out my bike, and I didnt have not one clean or dry spot anywhere on me ;D. Already looking forward to the next one. Everybody was great, you have got to really like to ride to have cowboyed up and went on this one.
   
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

jjamesbar

Quote from: Chillinthemost on June 12, 2005, 10:14:59 PM
  Try as they might though they couldn't drown out my bike, and I didnt have not one clean or dry spot anywhere on me ;D.  you have got to really like to ride to have cowboyed up and went on this one.    

matt,

somebody forgot to tell you a sport quad isn't supposed to be able to make it through those wet azz trails over by the st. johns river. you autotek and that little 2-stroker followed us (utes) every where. i cant wait to see the pics of you getting some air at eurika dam. you are fearless.
it was great meeting you and your family.i dont think you could have picked a better spot to buy a cabin, i mean its right in front of a main trail into the woods.
lets do it again soon.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Hollywood

Sorry we missed you guys. Glad to know everyone made it back safe. We had a great time on our shorter trail ride even though I did run out of gas. ::) Thankfully Ida had a little extra and I made it back without a tow! ;)
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Ida_Mann

yeah man, I still got about 2 gallons of race gas I got no use for,,,,I think I like my 93octane better.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jaxatvrider

i missed this ride... but i am going to big scrub tomorrow.. is anyone planning to go there tomorrow. as in fathers day.  had to wait til  then to go since. its what my dad wanted to do. ill have my dad and my older brother there.


shawn

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com