CNN Reports ATV Inquiry

Started by Lost Soul, June 09, 2005, 10:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Soul

Well, the government is at it again.

When they're not micro-managing where you can smoke, what you can say, and wether you wear a seat belt or not, they've found a new way to get involved in your personal lives.

CNN is reporting that the government is doing a full study on wether or not to actively oversee the ATV community and institute controls on what you can ride, if you can even ride it anymore.

I hope quads don't go the way of three wheelers.


Quad32x

Yea , I  got  something  for  they  to  oversee!! ;D  No  really , they   better  be  damn  fast  if  thet  want  to  watch  how  I  ride !! ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

SkyHighT100

Free Country my Azz!! They'd have to catch me first, hehe.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

wheelie_boy

Quote from: Quad32x on June 09, 2005, 10:29:54 AM
Yea , I  got  something  for  they  to  oversee!! ;D  No  really , they   better  be  damn  fast  if  thet  want  to  watch  how  I  ride !! ;D

LOL. Same here.  But man atvs are safe its just how some people drive them.  Just like cars.  Its how the people drive them.
05 kx 250f

Bigscrb15

I think they should make it mandatory to take a safety class and get a license(like motorcycles) to operate any atv over 90cc, but allow you to get your permit at 12 for larger cc's maybe up to 200cc and then 15 for 200cc and larger. If they do this I also think the government should be required to open up more public riding space for both spot and ute. I think that could be a winning situation for both sides.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

strtrcr06

Quote from: SkyHighT100 on June 09, 2005, 10:49:16 AM
Free Country my Azz!! They'd have to catch me first, hehe.

for real
"its not the atv its the rider"
Funny how we believe everything in the newspaper, but question the Bible.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com