Is holylands open for riding?

Started by dirtyriders-tjct, December 03, 2004, 08:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtyriders-tjct

Heard that holylands was closed off because of hunting season.  Is that true or are they open for riding.

Gamer

Actually if you read the rules your only supposed to use ORV's during hunting season in Holeylands.  I guess FWC has been nice enough to look the other way when people ride outside of hunting season.  I have never been out there but people post on here all the time that they never have any problems out there.  I'm going to give it a try next month to see how it is.  Does anyone else have any info on Holeylands?  Do you need to get a sticker or anything from FWC when riding out there?

Gamer


sk8r_dude

The signs are down that said no ATV riding. However, I looked at the area last week and it is still very flooded. Holyland stays wet a long time after the wet season ends, the place is like a sponge.
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunkĀ 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

jahaiap

i thought it had been closed for a while
07 Rhino 660 SE

bbf

there were riding out there last weekend

OUTLAWMUD

i've ridin the holy lands a few times never had a problem there were bein big on double riders speedin on the levy and open drinks for awhile most of the time you dont see them out there till something happens and than they hang around for a month or 2 bustin everyones nutz and one thing you wanna make sure of is not to have any type of fire arms on you when you go out there it's a management area and unless it's hunting season you can't have a gun out there and if you do have gun during hunting season you better have a license they are big on that
DITCH THE CHICK AND GO MUDDIN

BEIN BROKE IN THE MUD IS BETTER THAN BEIN BROKE AT WORK

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER BUT STILL TO YOUNG TO CARE

TO MUCH FUN WHATS THE MEAN???

I AINT FIRST CLASS BUT I AINT WHITE TRASH WILD AND ALITTLE CRAZY TO

nobull60

I rode out to the Holey Lands to do some scouting. First time there and actually a first time ATV owner. Waiting for Christmas so we can get out and have some fun. I seen a few folks parked and a few riding but not to many. Not sure I went all the way out but made it to the second bridge and stopped there. Looked around for a few and headed back. Looking forward to the ride and hooking up with you folks soon.