Stolen ATV!!! UPDATE...RECOVERED!

Started by Splatt, June 05, 2005, 05:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splatt

So last night between 3:30-4 Am someone pulled a full size truck all the way threw my yard up to my car port (on the side not the front)  Pulled my 4 wheeler threw my bushes and a small metal fence, Loaded it into the truck, and took off out of my yard!  It's a 05 orange KFX 400.  Now my questions is does anyone know if homeowners insurance covers something like this?  It was in my carport right next to my house!  I can't call them till tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone knew if it would be covered!  Any help is much appricated!
-05 Kawasaki KFX400

qt314nfla

I don't know anything about the home owners insurance.  Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about this.  Did your bike have any distinguishing characteristics? 

We should really consider posting pics of these bikes or set up a list so that we can print missing bikes in case we see one.

LakeMaryKid

homeowners will not cover it from what i hear.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Chuck_Norris

same ting happen to me with my Raptor, they told me that the only why that it was covered is if it was used argiculturally, ie tractor work etc.

PureLogic

And people think I am crazy when I talk about ATV thefts. It's not paranoia It's a reality. I am really sorry about your loss.  >:( Most definitely please post the pictures. There are some other forums on this web site that talk about driving in Miami to find stolen bikes. Hope you have luck.
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

TRX450R_Racer

Sorry to hear about your quad. I think everyone should have insurance on thier quad. I have a policy on mine through Progressive. It covers the replacement value of my quad plus $4,000.00 worth of accessories. It cost me $274.00 for a year.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

spacerider

I am a licenced insurance adjuster and since it is in a carport it is a non-attached part of your house so it would be part of homeowners insurance     now if you had seperate insurance or use as part of your job that would be covered under your commercial insurance    I am sorry to hear about what happened I will try to keep a look out for ya    if have any questions just ask
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: spacerider on June 05, 2005, 08:27:38 PM
I am a licenced insurance adjuster and since it is in a carport it is a non-attached part of your house so it would be part of homeowners insurance     now if you had seperate insurance or use as part of your job that would be covered under your commercial insurance    I am sorry to hear about what happened I will try to keep a look out for ya    if have any questions just ask

You mean it would NOT be covered under homeowners.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

spacerider

I am sorry brain faster than hands - yes it would not be covered under homeowners as the carport is an unattached structure of your home and unless you have seperate insurance for it I am sorry.   Was it locked up or secured to anything ?
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

Splatt

Well actually this carport is very attached.  It's basically a garage the only real part thats open is the front!  No I didn't have any insurance on it!  Next time I know to get it.  I didn't know that I could get insurance on it but now I do.  After talking to one of my friends fathers who owns a branch of NationWide Insurance Says that it will be covered and I should be given a check for the full amount of the quad.  The only real thing that might distinguish it is that the Little peg on the parking brake on the handle bars was completely broke off so the parking brake won't work and on the right rear heel gaurd the metal was bent and when I bent it back all the paint started peeling off so it's rusted!  Other than that It was 100% stock.  I can't stand thieves and hope that I do not find them myself!  I know that this was someone that lives around here because no one drives by here by accident I basically live at the end of a one way street and you can't see the quad from the road...Anyway Everyone keep your quads extra locked up and safe!  This totally sucks!
-05 Kawasaki KFX400

MuddyGurl101

Sorry about the bike. We will keep our eyes open!
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Man that sucks sorry to here that . What part of the state was it stolen from?
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

LakeMaryKid

just talked to my mom and gonna look for some insurance for mine ;D
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Splatt

It was stolen out of the Clearwater area...
-05 Kawasaki KFX400

Old_School

That sucks. I'm in Tampa and ride locally as well as Croom. Give me some pics and a VIN and I'll keep my eyes open. What I would do is check ebay, atvtrader.com, pawn shops, etc. Mostly likely their going to resell it if their smart.   -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Splatt on June 06, 2005, 01:09:10 PM
Well actually this carport is very attached.  It's basically a garage the only real part thats open is the front!  No I didn't have any insurance on it!  Next time I know to get it.  I didn't know that I could get insurance on it but now I do.  After talking to one of my friends fathers who owns a branch of NationWide Insurance Says that it will be covered and I should be given a check for the full amount of the quad.  The only real thing that might distinguish it is that the Little peg on the parking brake on the handle bars was completely broke off so the parking brake won't work and on the right rear heel gaurd the metal was bent and when I bent it back all the paint started peeling off so it's rusted!  Other than that It was 100% stock.  I can't stand thieves and hope that I do not find them myself!  I know that this was someone that lives around here because no one drives by here by accident I basically live at the end of a one way street and you can't see the quad from the road...Anyway Everyone keep your quads extra locked up and safe!  This totally sucks!

I think your friend is wrong. The only way your home owners insurance will cover it is if it was used for working in the yard. As much as I hate to say it you are going to get nothing.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Splatt

Breaking News..MY quad was revocered today.  They stole all the plastics and they took the battery and the ignition.  I am very happy to have it back.  I got it started and i doesn't seem to have anything mechanically wrong with it but at least I have my baby back!  Time for all black plastics and insurance on it!
-05 Kawasaki KFX400

bigb

sweet you never hear of recoverys. the new plastics will look way cool!
accepting donations in the form of a quad.

gery350

awesome. how did you get it back? did the police find it somewhere?
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

TRX450R_Racer

Glad to hear it!! Make sure you get insurance ASAP!! It was cheaper to buy it on line at Progressive.com then the quote I got from my agent. I went on line got a quote, then I called the 1-800 number with the quote #. As of that minute I was covered and I slept better.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Honda328i

That's great news that they recovered your quad.  Hmmm, are you sure that you didn't make up this story just to tell Mamma that you needed new plastics?  ;D
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

spacerider

AWESOME DUDE !!!!!   Glad to hear you got your ride back , now it will be better than before


Ride till you reach the stars.......................
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

Splatt

It was found in a very bad park..The police foot patrol the park and well let's just say they were doing an awesome job.  It was found down behind some trees by the water.  I am gonna go with all black plastics.  I got it all started and it still runs fine.  Just needs some new wires for the battery and igniton.  They wrecked it so the bars are a little bent but no biggie!  I was so excited when they called me and told me they found it! I am getting Insurance ASAP and Figuring out some awesome lock steup for it as well!
-05 Kawasaki KFX400

bigsteve

thats cool  8)you got your quad back it's very rare. that's what scares me the most about having quads, them being stoleing. Having insurance gives you peace of mind.

It's A shame you got dirtbags out there!! >:(
"IT'S OK TO BE CRAZY! JUST DON'T LET IT DRIVE YOU INSANE!
04 CRF 80
05 LTZ 250
05 KFX 100
05 KFX700 (You know GREEN is faster so don't ask!)
03 Mojave
04 CRF 250
07 RMZ 250
05 DRZ 400

SkyHighT100

Congratulations!!! It is awesome that you got your quad back (that doesnt happen too often). Insurance on them is so affordable that it is crazy not to have it... especially if you have a lot of work done to the bike. I know once mine is finished I will have insurance on it in a heartbeat!
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com