west lake delancey..aka ocala

Started by bftclub, May 17, 2005, 04:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apkkfx400

that sucks, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience!!  See any wildlife?  The last time I was out there, right after the long whoop section in the beginning and when it opens up to a nice, long fast trail-we must have skeered some deer-one shot out, literally 5 ft in front of me-stood on brakes with everything I had in my foot and hand, looked behind me and 3 more shot out right in front my buddy Tim.  I cleaned my drawers and continued on. Another time we were taking a break-up near big scrub and heard a lot of rustling in the bushes-but a little ways off-all the sudden a bear shot up a pine tree and literally got to the top in just a couple of seconds while his friend stood up at the bottom of the tree and watched-that was cool-haven't seen many bear in the wild in my days!!

susieblazer


   A few years back we have been riding east of 19 around Alexander Springs , the land is not full of whoops and there are nice trails and some pits to find........may have to check it out again......
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

GSPKurt

Quote from: jmpnkfx400 on June 02, 2005, 05:13:42 PM  I was just out there about 3 wks ago-from about 1pm to 4pm and the mosquitoes, bugs, etc. were horrible-bring some good repellent-'OFF' wasn't enough. 

I thought that would be the case- there is a LOT of standing water in the area. I'll bet that place was a zoo last weekend! ::)
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

GSPKurt

Quote from: susieblazer on June 04, 2005, 11:13:18 AM

   A few years back we have been riding east of 19 around Alexander Springs , the land is not full of whoops and there are nice trails and some pits to find........may have to check it out again......

Susie-
I would love to see that area. We need to get the 4 of us together and explore.
Kurt
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

susieblazer


      Sure sounds great, there will be 2 more alomg also my daughter and her fiance.........
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com