Out of state ride

Started by HondaMan, June 03, 2005, 11:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HondaMan

I'm looking to do some traveling next week. Can anyone advise on a place to ride in N. GA or Eastern NC area?

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

susieblazer


Check out Murphy, N.C. which will lead ya to Tellico.................
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

GSPKurt

#3
Black Mountain ATV Park, Harlan, KY
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch


Redgrizzly660

#5
Hatfield Mc Coy is Dirt week 6/22

http://www.trailsheaven.com/calendar.cfm#official









[attachment deleted by admin]

Yamahonda41

We just spent 3 nights at Durhamtown May 24-26th.  Pros and Cons:

Pros:  Lots of one-way trails which was nice.  Some fast trails with jumps.  Good for whole family from Pee Wees up through any skill level. 

Several pretty good MX tracks.  One strictly quad track with a HUGE tabletop jump.  Probably over 60 feet from takeoff to landing end and about 15 to 20 feet high :o. 

Pro shop on sight for plugs, oil, cables, helmets, boots, jerseys, etc.

They maintain the trails with bull dozers and tractors.

Cons: Expensive.  Cost me and the wife and 2 kids about $200 for 3 days riding. 
The accomodations were way expensive.  We were charged $65/night for a shed with "beds, sink, toilet, and shower."  (Did have DirectTV???)  I will try and attach some pics.

They were not very lenient with changes.  My wife was NOT happy with our "shed" and when I asked about upgrading to a larger "cottage" for $120/night I was told I would not be refunded the $65 x3 nights I already paid ???  This was stupid.  The other place sat empty while we were there.

They had no rain for a while so it was hard packed clay and very dusty.

Limited food onsite during week.  Weekends ok.

Would I go back?  Probably not because of cost.



[attachment deleted by admin]
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

Yamahonda41

Other good places to ride in North GA, NC:

Lake Burton is good but some is very difficult and dangerous for the less than skilled rider.

Locust Stake near Toccoa, GA is pretty good but had lots of big ruts last year.

A very good place is in Cullowhee, NC - Wayahutta.  Well maintained trails with something for everyone.  Been there twice and would go again.

Too bad FL does not have OHV programs like other states.  Most of them you park and pay either $5 or $10 for the day and ride maintained trails!

Good luck & be safe!
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

AintSkeered

We've booked an "expensive" cottage for July 6 & 7 at DP. So, I'll let you know the results. Expensive is all relative. We spent $100/night for a nice room @ Mt. Dora's Comfort Inn on Memorial Day weekend. It's approximately 20 miles from Big Scrub, had to load/unload the ATVs and make that drive to and fro the hotel in order to ride Big Scrub, not to mention, had to bring a cooler and food along for the day(I'll keep that stuff in the cottage).
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

AintSkeered

I made my reservations for July @ DP on 6-5-05 and they immediately billed my CC on 6-7-05, one month before we'll actually be there. I'm no world traveler, but, that's an unusual practice which tells me they don't trust city slickers and that rubs me the wrong way already. DP's website is currently down and I'm waiting for them to return my message. They're NOT Trump Plaza! Maybe they're using my funds to make late payments on their electric bill or web domain. LOL :)
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Numkut

Amazing you can ride on the roads... can dirtbikes ride on the road also????
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

kawGIRL

We will be in the area July 2-10, plan on riding North GA and NC.

Check out...  http://ncnatural.com/NCUSFS/orv.html

http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/facility.php

Check out where to ride at.... http://www.atvnc.com/forums/index.php
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Redgrizzly660

Quote from: Numkut on June 09, 2005, 01:05:10 AM
Amazing you can ride on the roads... can dirtbikes ride on the road also????


I called a few weeks ago no dirt bikes on the road, Must be trailer to the trails head

AintSkeered

DP's website is still down and they don't return my messages. They've already billed my CC for reservations in July. I'll be disputing the charge, if I don't hear from them in a few more days, that'll get their attention! Be careful with Durhamtown Plantation.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

AintSkeered

I'm going to conditionally apologize. After 3 days of me leaving messages, DP answered their phone. They claim that due to cancellations, it's their usual practice to bill your CC as soon as you book a reservation. Hotels don't do that! Mind you that we're booked for weekdays, when it's LESS crowded. I'm not worried about them ripping me off because I can always dispute the charge. But, they should carefully explain their practice BEFORE they do it. I post about our experience there around 15 July.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com