Group ride 6/4/05 Quick Track Lakeland

Started by 01ZX12R, May 24, 2005, 05:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01ZX12R

Who's up for another group ride on Saturday June 4 at Lakeland's Quick Track?
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

Ride1Rob

Think that I'd like that. Then Hard Rock 2 weeks afterwards instead of hittin' it up 3X in a row. I'm down ;D. I'll try and go out there tomorrow or thursday to see how the track looks.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

YFZ450-Tampa

Sounds good to me I'll be there, and I'll be looking for you on the FTR race 01ZX12R, I'm sure you'll love it
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Ride1Rob

#3
Guys, the track looks damn good! Just went on the site and checked it out and seems to be very quad friendly. The jumps look nice and smooth. Definitely an improvement since my last time out there. Should be fun!!! Here's the site www.quicktrackmx.com  
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

mudrat

Does anyone know if they have a track or place for kids to ride?
06' Honda 450er, ATP Motor, Walsh everything, LSR Axle, Holeshots on Douglas Beads, Rossier Pipe, Sidewinder Sprokets & Chain, SPS Graphics, Fasst Bars, Fasst Quad.......
05' Sportsman 800

Ride1Rob

They don't have a peewee track yet Jeff. Based on the site one should be in the works. Dammit I'm itchin' to ride on someones track. May end up going to Bartow tomorrow ;). Think I'm turning into a Junkie.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey Rob, I may go to Bartow tomorrow,  not sure just yet, I'm also thinking about going up to a little track close by, I need some practice before Saturday's race, let me know if you're going for sure ???
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Ride1Rob

Definitely want to... Let me know which one you decide on hitting. Hit me up 158*117*47696.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Ride1Rob

#8
QuoteDoes anyone know if they have a track or place for kids to ride?


Okay Jeff, they just finished the Peewee track so bring Cutter, Chad, and Dorian down for the 4th ;).

I got an e-mail from Jane yesterday and she said that they're trying to do what's necessary to get more quads out. Here's what she typed...

 
       Hi Robert,
            
You are welcome to come to our race this Sunday, the 3 out of 4 races means you must race at least 3 races to get the end of series Award. Our quad turnout is kind of low for our first race we had only 5 quads. we would like to have more quads at our track maybe when your big group comes to the track on June 4th you all can give us an honest opinion of how to make our track more quad friendly. We could even think of doing a quad only day .

Thanks,

             Jane





She also sent me this today on a race that they have for this w/e. They will also be open on memorial day.



 Peewee track is ready so bring your pit bikes for the weekend so we can add a pit bike class to the race on Sunday May 29th.

We are open for practice  Saturday May 28th and Memorial day May 30th

Spring/Summer Series

 #4 June 12th    

Rain date June 19th

A different layout for each race

Other Events

Camp of Champs

For more information on our 3 day camp July 6th,7th,8th

www.quicktrackmx.com/Picture%201.pdf

        

 

Please call ahead for track condition   if storms are present  863-398-7970

 
 




I've talked w/ YFZ450 Tampa and he said the MotoX track is very quad friendly. No "Big Air" or scary jumps. Somewhat similar to Hard Rocks Sand track that we were riding last week ;D.
 

 

 


If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

mudrat

06' Honda 450er, ATP Motor, Walsh everything, LSR Axle, Holeshots on Douglas Beads, Rossier Pipe, Sidewinder Sprokets & Chain, SPS Graphics, Fasst Bars, Fasst Quad.......
05' Sportsman 800

Flea_Jumper

My family and I ride this track at least once per month.  The track is great, and Jand and her family are better.  You guys will love it.  See ya there.

Flea_Jumper

My family and I ride this track at least once per month.  The track is great, and Jand and her family are better.  You guys will love it.  See ya there.

mudrat

06' Honda 450er, ATP Motor, Walsh everything, LSR Axle, Holeshots on Douglas Beads, Rossier Pipe, Sidewinder Sprokets & Chain, SPS Graphics, Fasst Bars, Fasst Quad.......
05' Sportsman 800

Ride1Rob

So that's a total of eight of us then correct! Anyone else wanna check this track out w/ us?
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Nightbreed

The Mrs and I will be there. I think there is going to be a pretty good turnout there this weekend.


Mike

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!

Ride1Rob

#15
Seems that way Mike. Seems like we'll be in for another good w/e.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

LostCause

Count me in.  They open at 9:00 and close at 2:00 acording to post on the FTR site.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

Flea_Jumper

 ???I hope this rain doesent kill it for us.  

Exmx54

Anybody get a weather forecast for the weekend, if the weather will be able to hold, I'll try and work my way up there and bring a friend too

Ride1Rob

QuoteAnybody get a weather forecast for the weekend, if the weather will be able to hold, I'll try and work my way up there and bring a friend too


I heard the weather report last nite and they stated this w/e is supposed to be mostly sunny w/ scattered late afternoon thunderstorms.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

blindkaeta

This looks like its going to be a good ride...

RedPred05

I drove out Lakeland to check out Quick Track today. Seems to be a very nice track. Lets just hope it dosent rain cause there are huge puddles everywhere, very muddy.  There is a nice pee wee track right by the seating area so you can keep an eye on the little ones.  If it dries up this sould be a great ride.

Flea_Jumper

Thats the fear.  If the track is full of puddles there goes the ride.

Ride1Rob

Here's the deal guys. Brett (LostCause) talked w/ the Peeps at Quick Track today and as of now they say the track is wet. They won't know until the AM if they're going to open or not. She's supposed to call him in the AM and let him know.

As far as the weather conditions, the rain has stopped here and the rain clouds appear to have somewhat gone. It's still cloudy but not the gray skies I've seen for the last 2days. The sun is supposed to break through and hopefully will dry up the ground quite a bit. If you still want to ride I guess the logical thing to do would be to post up and let us know if you'd like a call in the morning. If we get rained out for tomorrow I may just end up going back to Bartow on Sunday?

Speak up or shut up ;).
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

mudrat

I am in for anything, call Dorian or me and let us know!
06' Honda 450er, ATP Motor, Walsh everything, LSR Axle, Holeshots on Douglas Beads, Rossier Pipe, Sidewinder Sprokets & Chain, SPS Graphics, Fasst Bars, Fasst Quad.......
05' Sportsman 800

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com