Tire Questions

Started by Lt55, June 01, 2005, 07:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lt55

Hey Everyone,I'm new to the forum and new to ATVing.I just recently purchased an 02' Yamaha Warrior that has a 3/4" cut in the rear tire and it will not hold air.The tires are in good condition.Is it ok to just put a tube in it or should I get a new tire? Also the rear tires are Dunlops AT22x10x9 which I'm sure they are stock. Would it be ok to run 22x11x9 tires on the 9x8.5 stock rims? Looking around the internet I can't seem to find 22x10x9 tires. Any advise would be appreciated.Thanks

TRX450R_Racer

Put 20X11X9. In my opinion 22's are too tall. Smaller tires will give you better accelleration. You will loose a little top end, but I think it is a good over all improvement. Razr ones the original Razr tires are very cheap right now. I think Rocky Mountain ATV has them less then $40.00 each.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

gery350

i also have a warrior and purchased 22's. i do alot of mudding so i purchased semi-agressive dirt devils. they are mud tires. dont let the name fool ya. check them out at tiresnstuff.com
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

gery350

#3
heres a pic with the 22 dirt devil

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: Lt55 on June 01, 2005, 07:17:41 PM
Hey Everyone,I'm new to the forum and new to ATVing.I just recently purchased an 02' Yamaha Warrior that has a 3/4" cut in the rear tire and it will not hold air.The tires are in good condition.Is it ok to just put a tube in it or should I get a new tire? Also the rear tires are Dunlops AT22x10x9 which I'm sure they are stock. Would it be ok to run 22x11x9 tires on the 9x8.5 stock rims? Looking around the internet I can't seem to find 22x10x9 tires. Any advise would be appreciated.Thanks
I have a full set of wheels and tire off of my YFZ I'll sell you. front and rear $200.00

96 warrior

i have 22*12*9 on my warrior stock wheels i think
96 (and a 98) warrior

Lt55

Went with the Razr 20x11x9 tires. Got em for 48 bucks a peice through Rocky Mt ATV. I'll be trying them out in Ocala next week.Thanks everyone for your replies.