Dealership attitude!

Started by 1Scorpion, May 16, 2005, 06:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Scorpion

I've recently got a recall on my atv glad that they know there is a problem and are willing to make it right that is great! At least till I called the dealership to make an appt. for the repair. That is when the service manager tells me I'm #6 on the list and will call me when the parts come in. OK here's the problem I ask when they might get the parts ? His reply I don't know I hope some time this year. I asked are you kidding I have a trip planned to W.Va. in 3 weeks. Again he says he don't know when but hopes it's this year. I plan on stopping at the dealership to try to resolve this soon but I'll never buy another atv from them and if this is how HONDA treats it's customers I'll be riding another brand soon as I can afford it.

yunt2ride

Come on over to another brand, the mud is deeper anyhow.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

NPRVinson

Is that the Honda dealer in Hudson?

tooslow

Thanks for the input, I'll have to check that out was fixing to buy a honda 250EX.

tooslow

What's the recall consist of?

LakeMaryKid

personally i think its bad to base the product on the stealership. Did i just say stealership? Your right i did.....I snapped a clutch cable a short time after i got my 400ex home, i call a local dealer and they say 30 bucks i call a 25mile away dealer and its 14. So i go get the 14 dollar one, but just because the other guy told me 30 does not mean i will never buy a Honda or 400ex again. I think you are being kind of biased, and yes every company has flaws in their products. Look at the z400 with the frames, 2001 Yamaha Raptor's one way starter bearings. So please dont base the company from a stealership for THEIR service.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

1Scorpion

Yes the dealership is Action Honda I haven't been able to stop there yet this week work is keeping me busy. The problem with the atv is tie rod ends. I checked them as the recall told me to. They said if there is 1/4 inch play do NOT ride till replaced. And I plan on going to the Hatfeild -Mcoy trails in a couple of weeks! I don't believe Honda is not sure when they are going to get them.

53yfz450

yamaha [smiley=trophy1.gif]
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

DarkFireDragon

QuoteI've recently got a recall on my atv glad that they know there is a problem and are willing to make it right that is great! At least till I called the dealership to make an appt. for the repair. That is when the service manager tells me I'm #6 on the list and will call me when the parts come in. OK here's the problem I ask when they might get the parts ? His reply I don't know I hope some time this year. I asked are you kidding I have a trip planned to W.Va. in 3 weeks. Again he says he don't know when but hopes it's this year. I plan on stopping at the dealership to try to resolve this soon but I'll never buy another atv from them and if this is how HONDA treats it's customers I'll be riding another brand soon as I can afford it.


HA wouldnt have that problem with a warranted Yamaha if mine should break down while it is under warranty and I have a trip planned all I have to do is show proof of my trip reciepts (booking with credit card is best proof) and Yamaha will refund me the money my trip cost and pay for the repairs on my ATV. Gotta love those Yamaha boys they really know how to take care of the customers  ;D
04' Yamaha BearTracker Steel Blue

"A fool will learn nothing from a wise man, but A wise man wil learn much from a fool"

1Scorpion

Stopped at the dealership today The salesman talked to the service manager the parts are coming in this week. However Honda did not tell the dealers how many parts are coming. The dealer is going to try to get more info from Honda. I'm sorry to say Honda seems not to concerned about it's customers. Glad the wife bought a Susuki. I like my Honda but I will look at other brands for my next atv.

NPRVinson

I went there to see what they had and nobody even asked if I needed help, so I went to Crystal River and bought two quads. There loss.

Reefer650

I dont think dealerships motorsports dealerships care any more because if you were to go to a car dealership with the same problem the situation will be fixed in days and not some time this year. i mean what kind of garbage answer is that. ???  
9-Plate Barnett carbon fiber clutch,Ron Wood CDI Ignition box,Ron Wood Rev Eliminator,White Bros. E-Series slip-on pipe,K&N air filter,UNI air-box breathers,DG V-Pro front bumper,AC grab bar,AC swing-arm, skid-plate, Bombardier under-body polyethylene skid-plate,
ALBA/Maier Black & red plast

Njoutlaw88

I would go down there in person and tell him you have a lot of friends who have atvs and you would like to be able to reccomend there dealership. Try another dealership.

MuddyGurl101

And that is why you don't buy a Honda. They always give you a run around and your bike sits forever.

Hey dude, go with Arctic Cat!
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

1Scorpion

#14
I might just get an Artic Cat when and if honda fixes mine so I can sell it or trade it. Any problems with Artic Cat I've only seen them at the dealerships?

MuddyGurl101

Nope I love mine, I have a 400. My ex has one to, he has a 650. They are great! If you want talk to J.D. from the fourm. He owns All Terrain of Florida and tell him Lindsey told you to call and he will take care of you. He sells Argo's and Arctic Cat's!
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

PureLogic

#16
South Florida dealerships suck.  When you open the doors the money in your pocket gets sucked right out. And then there mad at you because you inconvenienced  them to buy there merchandise. I would like to find a really good Yamaha dealer.
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

clancooler

2004 DVX 400
full White Bros Pro Alum. Exhaust
Oneal Bars
Honda Throttle

1Scorpion

The parts are in dropped the atv off today hope to have it back tomorrow. might be for sale soon!

1Scorpion

Got it back today is 1 month about average to wait for parts?

Lost Soul

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles!

Ya know, it use to be "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT" was a popular saying amongst the Mom and Pop businesses, but now with the glut of overfinanced giant faceless corporations dominating the commercial landscape, you the customer is of little or no consequence.

I have a suggestion though. Since you have a good amount of people on this site, you might want to track down the name, and email address of the OWNER, not the manager of that particular shop, as well as the regional manager for Honda, and post their email addresses on this site.

Then ask us, your fellow BB members to start firing off a letter of boycott for that particular shop.

I find the best way to do it, is to come up with a form letter so that all the facts are correct and straight.

Just an idea. Post the letter writting request under a new thread.


Good Luck
Peace out.

spacerider

I must say I am sorry and troubled about your expierence with that dealership, I say we post and boycott that place and make everyone aware not to go there. Its a small world and someone will tell him and about the amount of people that are reached and that will not go there.

On a positive note Susieblazers husband and I both got our quads the same day at Nature Coast in Crystal River and THEY ARE AWESOME!!!   I have to admit this is the first quad I bout but did my research and when I called and spoke with Thomas he told me the out the door price and the quad was ready to be picked up and ready to roll...there were no gimmicks when I walked trhrough the door and tehy even had a sale on helmets and picked one up too. Lets pimp teh good places and lay the smackdown on the crappy ones

Ride till you reach the stars.................
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

ronny86250r

hey do any of you guys and girls deal with haps honda in sarasota? the past 3 times i have been there i have had nothing but attitudes with the parts guys , i know what i want but they always have something to say or just plain dont like themselves or people , i do not have a cocky attitude nor do i look like a jerk. oh well i will just go back to sunsports in ft.myers,ronny

WTF74

http://www.planetfeedback.com/consumer/
   
    GO TO THE BIG BOYS!!! MY WIFE FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND HAS USED IT A COUPLE OF TIMES. THESE LETTERS GO TO THE SUIT AND TIE GUYS. WHOM USUALLY GIVE SOME KIND OF ANSWER BACK TO YOU. CHECK IT OUT, SEE WHAT HAPPENS. MAYBE YOU'LL GET SOME POSITIVE RESULTS BACK FROM HONDA!
     

1Scorpion

It's the attitude that often makes a customer return I know price has a lot to do with buying anything but these giant corp.s only care about you when you are buying something after that you are on your own. I have bought motorcycles and atv's from a few dealers. But I doubt if I ever buy another Honda. I rode my wife's Ozark 250 on the Hatfeild - Mcoy trail and I loved it light, Manuverable and a great suspesion. Plenty of power even carrying my 200 lbs around. I'll keep the Honda till I save enough for another atv.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com