Fan coming on.

Started by o4250, May 14, 2005, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o4250

Every time I go riding about 5 minutes into riding my fan comes on, even if im not riding that hard. Should this be happening even after a short ride??

TRX450R_Racer

It will run a little hotter when it is beaking in. Check your coolant level. Also you can do what I did when I bought my 450R. Empty out the stock coolant and use Engine Ice. You only need one bottle it is about $16.00. You can get it at most cycle shops. It will make your quad run cooler.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Moose

#2
I've heard others like that engine ice also. Exchanges the heat faster.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

J.D.

Drain the coolant and fill it with distilled water , it will cool it down...unless you think it's gonna freeze down here anytime soon . ::) Trust me , try it . ;)
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

bigsteve

This happened on my new KFX700 it kept heating up, my light would'nt shut off even when I was riding.What I was told to start up quad take radiator cap off to release the air in the line.(Take cap off when engine is COLD)There is air pockets that keep the coolant from circulating.I did this and haven't had a problem.But I think it is A good idea to change over to Engine Ice.I'm going to do this soon as I get a chance.
"IT'S OK TO BE CRAZY! JUST DON'T LET IT DRIVE YOU INSANE!
04 CRF 80
05 LTZ 250
05 KFX 100
05 KFX700 (You know GREEN is faster so don't ask!)
03 Mojave
04 CRF 250
07 RMZ 250
05 DRZ 400

yunt2ride

QuoteI've heard others like that engine ice also. Exchanges the heat faster.

I heard that engine ice will make the o-rings, hoses and other stuff go bad quicker. Is there any truth to this.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

TRX450R_Racer

QuoteI heard that engine ice will make the o-rings, hoses and other stuff go bad quicker. Is there any truth to this.

 I have never heard of that. I've been using it for 4 years. I used to use it in my 250R. Now I use it in my 450R.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

SSRancher

Thanks for the tip.  My fan is always on.
03' Rancher with lift, 26" vamps, clutch kit, jet kit,  warn un-locker, ramsey 2500lb, front spool locker, k&n filter, conferderate flag
98' Chevy S-10 4x4

RedPred05

Ask your local delar. I own a 05 predator and I was asking the same question.  Come to find out its regular for the predator fan to come on all the time. I think it just depends on the atv.

o4250

Thanks guys. TRX450R-Racer, I took your advice and picked up some engine ice today! ;D

klutchbuster400

this happened 2 every z400/kfx400/dvx400 i no, i wouldnt worry 2 much  bout it.