riding near lakeland

Started by rhinotime, May 22, 2005, 06:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhinotime

hey, I am new to this.  Great site!  I have a Yamaha Rhino and am looking for a decent places to ride close to home.  There are a couple mx tracks localy at I am aware of but I do not want to get in there way.  Anyone know of a local wide open area with some trails and mud?
2004 Yamaha Rhino
27" XTR's 14" ITP's
Pro Circuit exhaust
Dynojet
K&N filter
2" lift
Snorkled
"JUST MASH IT AND LET EM EAT"

tekhanto

No such luck .........croom would be about the closest or
Ocala National forest   to ride legally that is
You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

rhinotime

I was told that they do not allow side by side atv's at croom, you have to be able to "stradle" what you ride out there.  Does anyone know if this is true or not?
2004 Yamaha Rhino
27" XTR's 14" ITP's
Pro Circuit exhaust
Dynojet
K&N filter
2" lift
Snorkled
"JUST MASH IT AND LET EM EAT"

Scramdaddy

I think they have a width limit but I cant recall. maybe 48 inches. maybe ocala would be good but far.
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

tekhanto

I think you're right now that I think of it your Rhino would be too
big for croom in most areas I know it was tight on trails with our Polaris !!  Think it wont let side by sides in  :'(
You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

novadave

ive seen ds650s at croom and i think they are close to 50 wide
HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!

Vegas

You need to hook up with a River Ranch deed.

That would be perfect for your Rhino. @ 40 square miles of mostly flat, muddy, trails and open terrain.  It's 30 minutes east of Bartow down Hwy 60.

Or at least find someone who will take you in as guest.

I've also heard of a place in Fort Meade, although I haven't been that is all sand dunes.

I'm guessing it's old mining property.

tekhanto

If you get any information on the area around Ft Meade let us
know please, it would be a nice change to try it out if possible.  Never had heard anything about it before.
You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com