Google Earth without internet

Started by Agent, January 29, 2015, 01:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent

I have an old android phone that I want to use in the forest with Google Earth as a basic GPS. Is there a way I can download the map of central Florida, so it doesn't have to use internet? It has a GPS, so I know it'll work out of cell signal, but I'd like it to plot me on Google Earth. It's still a good phone, old HTC 4G LTE. I could easily wire up a power thing to the ATV, with a RAM Mount, and run it all day. Thoughts?
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

asmart82

I have never tried it but I believe Google maps will plot your location via GPS only. You won't be able to get directions though.

Agent

Not really looking for directions, just want to see my location and heading off I lose myself in the forest.
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

gmiller0737

You May want to Try the App Back Country Navigator or Orux Maps I have both on My Nexus 7 Android Tablet that I use on My RZR for a GPS,I don't think you will be able to use google earth with out a connection.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com