Securing Side X Side on trailer

Started by K_Man, November 19, 2014, 06:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_Man

Just wondering what others use to secure their Side X Sides on trailers. I bought some green ratcheting straps and while they would work fine with an ATV I wonder how well they would hold my Can-Am Commander which is about twice as heavy. I am giving some thought to using braided Nylon rope (1/2" maybe) and tying it down using bowline's and trucker's hitches.

K_Man
2021 Can-Am Defender X MR

gmiller0737

#1
I Tie My Polaris RZR Down Using Wheel Bonnets From Harbor Freight (Don't worry just becuase they come from Harbor Freight They are Good Quality) Mine have made 6 or more trips from Florida to West Virginia with zero issues I use 2 Bonnet's I on the Left Front tire & another on the right rear,Many folks on RZR Forum are using the wheel bonnet's with good results,The ones I use have heavy duty ratchets & the hook on the end also has a clasp to prevent the hook from coming off the anchor point,They should have them in stock @ The Harbor Freight Store in Jacksonville (On Beach Bv.)