2013 Centennial Trail - Ocala National Forest

Started by kdclere, January 07, 2013, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AintSkeered

Any tag agency can help you. Give them a call.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

kdclere

Rode the Scrubjay loop yesterday and cleared it of any down trees.  Trail is in pretty good condition, save for a few spots that need the whoops smoothed out and some trimming needed in the northeast corner of the loop.  Volunteers start showing up in the next couple weeks and we will all hit the ground running!!!
I hope everyone is able to come out and enjoy the Centennial Trail as we continue to improve it.  Also BLUE SINK is OPEN!!!

-KRIS

Starbuc71

Hey all, it's been a while since I've been to Ocala. Good news, I just bought a 2013 Polaris RZR. I pretty much only ride the cenntenial trail. How tight is it it for a UTV?  Some told me that there are a few tight spots but overall not bad. I even bought a new Small chainsaw to mount to the back to take care of down trees
2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC

K_Man

I ride my Can-Am Commander out there pretty often and don't have any problems with the trees but there are several areas where the brush is rubbing both sides of my Toy at the same time. The mesh door nets work real well keeping the brush out of the cab.

K_Man
2021 Can-Am Defender X MR

kdclere

Quote from: Starbuc71 on September 22, 2014, 01:35:22 AM
Hey all, it's been a while since I've been to Ocala. Good news, I just bought a 2013 Polaris RZR. I pretty much only ride the cenntenial trail. How tight is it it for a UTV?  Some told me that there are a few tight spots but overall not bad. I even bought a new Small chainsaw to mount to the back to take care of down trees

The Northeast part of the trail, (upper Centennial) is the tightest area for brush.  It will get some trimming work done on it this Fall/Winter, but until then you will be tight for brush in that area.  Also a little bit on the very northeast part of the Scrub Jay loop where it meets Forest Road 14-9.8 (the road running north and south from Blue Sink to Farles Prairie.

As for trees being down and some being tight.  The wider you UTV is at the top of the machine is where you may find yourself coming close or even scraping trees...mainly in turns because of the lean your encounter with some berms.  Please just be careful.  When trees look tight, assume they are and slow down to maneuver past them.  I am working on riding the entire trail in a new Kawasaki Teryx that has a wide top dimension.  I have already marked some trees that are tight and will be working to remove them.

-Kris

Starbuc71

Your the best Kris. I hope I can meet and help you on the trail someday
2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC

kdclere

We have a LOT of reservations (most I've ever seen) and expect a good amount of riders over the next two weekends to include the Thanksgiving holiday.  The volunteers have been out grooming the trail and the campground hosts have been working hard in the campground as well!  Come out and visit with us and have a great ride!!!
Kris

K_Man

I'll be there Thanksgiving weekend. Not sure what days yet? When is anyone else riding there?

K_Man
2021 Can-Am Defender X MR

speedman8903

05 brute sold

08 brute
10' CATVOS lift
29.5 w/itp ss212 all blk
mimb snorkles
epi clutch kit
rilla rad relocated
and much more!!!

WonkyThumb

New to Florida. Have a TRX400EX and was looking for a place to ride. Stopped out to Big Scrub and met John. Super nice guy with a lot of information. I am really looking forward to riding there. I'm not a throttle junkie, so I think this trail is just what I am looking for. Looking forward to meeting some of you folks there as well.

1Scorpion

 Does anyone know if the welcome center in Silver Springs is open ?  Last time I went by it looked like it was shut down.
Or is there a way to get a yearly pass thru the mail or on line ?

K_Man

My wife and I got a pair of year long passes yesterday at the Ranger Station near Forest Corners on Highway 40. Bring cash because the machine isn't taking credit cards at this time.
2021 Can-Am Defender X MR

1Scorpion

 Thanks do you know if they are open on Saturdays ?

K_Man

No Saturdays. Monday thru Friday close at 4:00 pm.
2021 Can-Am Defender X MR

kdclere

Yes, something isn't working right on the machine.  It is picking and choosing when to accept a credit card.  The Pittman Visitor Center is open on Saturdays and Sundays down on HWY 19 and will sell annual passes too, but again bring cash.  Hope they have the machine problem ironed out soon, as it is an unfortunate inconvenience.  Happy riding!

Kris

1Scorpion

 Thanks K_man and Kris.
   Hey Kris any chance of getting renewal permits by mail in the future ?   I's a 2 hr. drive one way for me.  I call Pittman to find out what time they open.
  Now all I got to do is find some riders. I heard there's a couple that hang out on this site. The search is on.

kdclere

There's a very good possibility 1Scorpion, its something we have already begun working on.

Kris

little blue 300

Kris, I know the north trails at Salt Springs are not your responsibility, but why are there never any trail maps at the th's up there? June and I don't need them but we are always running in to new riders who do need them. Larry

1Scorpion

Quote from: kdclere on December 08, 2014, 08:37:52 PM
There's a very good possibility 1Scorpion, its something we have already begun working on.

Kris
That would be GREAT !!!!!! Keep us posted. And Thanks. ;D

kdclere

New Maps have been on order and will be larger when folded out and have all trail on the forest included.  The "tie-up" is somewhere between printer and payment, but they have been ordered...awhile ago.  Hopefully they get here soon, I helped design them and they should be great!  Sorry for the issues.

Kris

little blue 300

Thanks Kris for the update on the maps. Larry

K_Man

Kris,

Will you let us know when we will be able to download the new trail maps from the Ocala National Forest website?

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/ocala/recreation/ohv/?recid=32295&actid=93

K_Man
2021 Can-Am Defender X MR